The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Crane Song Hedd 192 vs. Antelope Eclipse
Old 27th August 2016
Here for the gear

Crane Song Hedd 192 vs. Antelope Eclipse

Hi guys

I am looking for an AD/DA converter and I've read good reviews about the Crane Song Hedd 192 and the Antelope Eclipse. However, I am not sure which one I should pick. I know that the Hedd 192 is much cheaper than the Antelope Eclipse but if the Eclipse is much better than the Hedd 192, I'd still go for it.

Did anyone of you guys have got in touch with both units? Which unit should I choose in your opinion and why?
Old 28th August 2016
Lives for gear

I was considering also eclipse. I ended up with a tascam da3000: you'll find here on gs some comparison tests.
Based od my own experience there was no difference between the anog audio signal coming out from my mixdream and the recorded dsd on my da3000.
I think this is an unbeliveble convertion quality for 1k.
Save the rest of the money for other gear or your family.
Old 28th August 2016
I was looking at converters recently, and those were also on my list of possibles.

I've decided on Burl. The difference, to me, was obvious.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search