The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for Avalon737 replacement
Old 25th August 2016
Lives for gear

Another vote for the Aurora Audio GTQC!! fantastic piece indeed!

If you want an all in one channelstrip that might be one of the easiest and better buy.

There might be the lunchbox route, but for 2k you will get a great preamp (Avedis MA5 or MD7) and a nice tracking compressor like the IGS LAOne (plus an api lunchbox).
Which is also fine and top of the line if you ask me (probably one of the only, if not the only preamp in the 500 series with a tremendous headroom and that is on par, if not better than 19" units).

You might get the eq later, or get the eq and wait for the compressor, depending on what do you need more.. I'd probably get the compressor first..

Get it used and save some $$$

Cheu
Old 26th August 2016
Lives for gear

Thanks for all the suggestions. My brain is about to explode! Someone on Craigs list in my area is selling a Chandler LTD-1 for $1700. Im itching to get it. Luckily this UAD Vox Box plugin has been holding me down while the Avalon's getting repaired.

Turns out according to Avalon that my 6DJ8 tubes that I upgraded few months ago blew something on the board. Don't remember the technical terms. But they recommend 6922 and only 6922.

Anyway, my mind is all over the place.
Old 26th August 2016
Gear Maniac

I'd go with BAE or Aurora Audio

Cant go wrong
Old 27th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERC476 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. My brain is about to explode! Someone on Craigs list in my area is selling a Chandler LTD-1 for $1700. Im itching to get it. Luckily this UAD Vox Box plugin has been holding me down while the Avalon's getting repaired.

Turns out according to Avalon that my 6DJ8 tubes that I upgraded few months ago blew something on the board. Don't remember the technical terms. But they recommend 6922 and only 6922.

Anyway, my mind is all over the place.
Bae 1073mp and warm audio la2a you will b super happy
Old 27th August 2016
Lives for gear

I rarely ever cut on the Avalon 737 anymore. I actually prefer the focusrite isa-1 and the warm audio tonebeast for pretty much everything.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search