The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Incredible ZOD Bass DI saves the mix(and the day)
Old 15th February 2019
  #361
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
Do you own or have used a REDDI?
How do they differ and is it worth owning both?
This thread got long. Go to my post here:

Incredible ZOD Bass DI saves the mix(and the day)



-bryan
Old 15th February 2019
  #362
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
Do you own or have used a REDDI?
How do they differ and is it worth owning both?
Nope. Dan has mentioned though that several REDDI users have moved over to the ZOD, but I have no personal experience with the REDDI.
Old 24th February 2019
  #363
You weren't joking about synths. It made every one, be it analogue, digital or hybrid, sound huge and unstoppable. I'd like to buy another if anyone has one for sale.
Old 25th February 2019
  #364
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
You weren't joking about synths. It made every one, be it analogue, digital or hybrid, sound huge and unstoppable. I'd like to buy another if anyone has one for sale.
NEVER SELL !! NEVER SELL !! .. oh Sorry for Yelling, Early on, Happy Zod User here .. it makes me happy to know that my first impression was like others !! another one or Senn 441, another DI or 441, hmm .. help !! ha

ZOD Bottle Opener Note: do not try and pull the Cap off a Beer Bottle, PRy it Up !! i bent my Opener on a Red Stripe yesterday, now yes, i went and got another 6 pack so i could bend it bakc but still .. please be careful !!!
Old 25th February 2019
  #365
Lives for gear
 

Curious if anyone has tried a Zod vs the DI on a REDD.47 (which is what I typically use for bass these days).

How do they compare?
Old 25th February 2019
  #366
Gear Addict
 
Farm sounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals View Post
Curious if anyone has tried a Zod vs the DI on a REDD.47 (which is what I typically use for bass these days).

How do they compare?
I Cant comment on the REDD, but the Zod was way better than my DI on my Germ.
Old 25th February 2019
  #367
I bought a second. They sound so good it's silly.
Old 26th February 2019
  #368
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I bought a second. They sound so good it's silly.
I need a second as well. My favorite DI I've used, also love it with tube mics.
Old 26th February 2019
  #369
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I bought a second. They sound so good it's silly.
You will not regret this.

I’ve been wondering lately what Dan’s second ZOD product will be...



-bryan
Old 31st May 2019
  #370
Gear Nut
 

I was up late last night comparing all kinds of di/preamp combos for bass. I tried a radial j48 and the ZOD through sca n72, then through api, then through la2a, 1176.... every combo possible. The best combo I came up with was the ZOD straight into the LA2A. Sooooo good!!! It goes much deeper than the radial and the high gain on the ZOD allows you to run straight into the LA2A no prob. I’ve had the Zod for a while, but thought I’d shoot it out again to make sure it in fact rules. It does !!!
Old 2nd June 2019
  #371
Here for the gear
 

hi.. checking in from malaysia. Just a couple of questions; do they ship to my country? and does the Zod support 240 v mains?

thanks
Old 2nd June 2019
  #372
Gear Guru
 
jwh1192's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajrul View Post
hi.. checking in from malaysia. Just a couple of questions; do they ship to my country? and does the Zod support 240 v mains?

thanks
here is website .. and small snippet that says 230v ... and just contact them and ask about shipping !!

http://zodaudio.com/id-di/
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible ZOD Bass DI saves the mix(and the day)-screen-shot-2019-06-02-3.06.30-pm.jpg  
Old 3rd June 2019
  #373
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherstone View Post
I was up late last night comparing all kinds of di/preamp combos for bass. I tried a radial j48 and the ZOD through sca n72, then through api, then through la2a, 1176.... every combo possible. The best combo I came up with was the ZOD straight into the LA2A. Sooooo good!!! It goes much deeper than the radial and the high gain on the ZOD allows you to run straight into the LA2A no prob. I’ve had the Zod for a while, but thought I’d shoot it out again to make sure it in fact rules. It does !!!
I did something similar a few weeks ago, always came back to the ZOD. I also love it into an LA2A. The other day I ran it into a Sta-Level, also amazing.

On a separate note I've been on a short run of road gigs and without fail someone's asking about the ZOD at every show. I let another band's bass player backline my rig and he was flipping out. I guess the ZOD spoils one and you forget how good it is until some perspective is thrown back into the mix.
Old 3rd June 2019
  #374
Gear Addict
 
Farm sounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudwig View Post
I did something similar a few weeks ago, always came back to the ZOD. I also love it into an LA2A. The other day I ran it into a Sta-Level, also amazing.

On a separate note I've been on a short run of road gigs and without fail someone's asking about the ZOD at every show. I let another band's bass player backline my rig and he was flipping out. I guess the ZOD spoils one and you forget how good it is until some perspective is thrown back into the mix.
Yeah man it’s killer into everything pretty much...i’ve spotted the Zod on pedalboards of some big name bassists recently. Blows my mind more guys haven’t checked them out...secret weapon for bass and keyboards....so many uses!!
Old 8th June 2019
  #375
Gear Maniac
 
nuemes's Avatar
 

+1 ZOD DI. Better bass tone to my ears then direct through Avalon M5 or Electrodyne 501.
Old 11th June 2019
  #376
Gear Addict
 
Farm sounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuemes View Post
+1 ZOD DI. Better bass tone to my ears then direct through Avalon M5 or Electrodyne 501.
Yeah, the avalon or 501 are no match for the Zod.
Old 18th June 2019
  #377
Gear Maniac
 
Chunky Karma's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm sounds View Post
Yeah, the avalon or 501 are no match for the Zod.
The U5 is.
Old 18th June 2019
  #378
Gear Addict
 
Farm sounds's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky Karma View Post
The U5 is.
Alot of guys who make big records and can buy whatever they want have chosen The ZOD. Just saying

Not that I want to start a “my dad can beat up your dad” discussion.
Old 18th June 2019
  #379
Gear Maniac
 
Chunky Karma's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm sounds View Post
Alot of guys who make big records and can buy whatever they want have chosen The ZOD. Just saying

Not that I want to start a “my dad can beat up your dad” discussion.
My statement does not contradict yours - at least not the one I'm quoting.
Old 1 week ago
  #380
Gear Addict
 
Farm sounds's Avatar
 

Anyone else spot the mighty Zod in Vance Powell’s studio which is showcased in Warren Huart’s produce like a pro youtube series...??
Its there!!
Old 1 week ago
  #381
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm sounds View Post
Anyone else spot the mighty Zod in Vance Powell’s studio which is showcased in Warren Huart’s produce like a pro youtube series...??
Its there!!
The secret weapons that no one talks about??? I keep mine hidden in the machine room closet unless I'm using them.
Old 1 week ago
  #382
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
lots of CAPI love also from Vance, cool video, finishing it now
Old 1 week ago
  #383
I have both but decided on keeping the reddi... I prefer the reddi much more. Sorry guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Nope. Dan has mentioned though that several REDDI users have moved over to the ZOD, but I have no personal experience with the REDDI.
Old 1 week ago
  #384
Lives for gear
 

It’s big, heavy and a PITA to haul around, but it almost always on tour with me...and I’m just the sound guy.
Old 1 week ago
  #385
i actually have one for sale if anyone's interested.

thx
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump