The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ultrasone Signature Pro opinions Studio Headphones
Old 25th July 2016
Here for the gear

Ultrasone Signature Pro opinions

Hey, I'm looking into purchasing the Ultrasone Signature Pro headphones for mixing. I heard them briefly and really liked them but it wasn't in the most controlled environment so I wanted to get opinions from anyone who've used these cans. Anyone have any opinions to share?
Old 2nd August 2016
Gear Head

Hi,

I can't comment on the Signature Pro series but share my experience with the Pro 750 for 1/4 the price.

Short terms: OH MY GOODNESS.

Long story:

My monitoring sucks due to my more or less untreatable home studio situation. And I was looking for headphones to compensate for that. Especially mixing bass. The usual suspects were too flat for my needs as I didn't want to turn up the volume in order to spot what's going on in the lows. More or less by coincidence tried the Pro 750 after 4 hours of checking out 15 competitors.

And I was instantly amazed. Yes. They're not reference by reference standards. But the level of detail and depth they revealed in my own music was amazing. From a sweet lowend sensation of subs up to slightly off-centered mp3 artefacts hidden in the decay of a hihat. Stunning.

And what I like most is that I'd say they scale the sound very well with volume in a musical, not flat way. Which already is a point of critique I often read about Ultrasones. If you're looking for headphones you can simply put on and forget about - you won't regret it. They feel more like a treated room than reference headphones.

A friend of mine verified the characteristics in his Signature Pros.

If you get the chance to check them out before purchase, go for it.
Old 3rd April 2017
...what about mixing on these cans?
Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear
I've made some great recordings with some really low-end gear because of how nice the Ultrasone Proline 550 and 750 headphones are. Haven't heard the signature series.
Old 4th April 2017
Here for the gear
I have the Pro -900(for 4 years now) but also have listened for a few months on Edition 8 and also checked the Signature pro.IMO if you can afford go for the Edition series.They are very revealing and balanced compared to the other models.Stereo image is not that broad (compared to pro series) but I am finding this as advantage(On Pro 900 the stereo image is a bit artificially broad because of their S-Logic concept).Also the amount of compression used is very easy to evaluate.Pro series are also really nice.The thing with headphones is really subjective as we all know.I was thinking between Focal Spirit Professional(also great headphones) and Pro 900 and decided that Ultrasone are fitting my taste best.Signature is somewhere between both models but really different sound.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search