The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Convert2 vs Convert8
Old 15th July 2016
Convert2 vs Convert8

Looking to hear user reviews on both products...looking to buy one and don't know which one to get
Old 16th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmelaub View Post
Looking to hear user reviews on both products...looking to buy one and don't know which one to get
I have both. They sound identical. Different feature sets: 8 channels vs 2, metering, etc. Figure out which features you need...and how many channels you need.
Old 16th July 2016
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu6gr8 View Post
I have both. They sound identical. Different feature sets: 8 channels vs 2, metering, etc. Figure out which features you need...and how many channels you need.
That's what I heard but thanks for the confirmation.

The small price difference is kind of insane! I think what happened is they set out to make the world's best $2500 reference converter and then they realized that for slightly more they could just take over digital pro audio.
Old 17th July 2016
is it worth it to get both? or is it one or the other?
Old 17th July 2016
Ma shlomcha!

I have both, they sound the same.

THe Convert 2 have a great metering plus some more functions,

If you are into summing... then buy them all :P

If you are mixing ITB... maybe the Convert 2 may be more useful...
Old 17th July 2016
toda raba!
Old 17th July 2016
Is the eight channel one 8 channel converter chip or 8 DAC one chip per channel? I assume the convert 2 uses dual chips, and maybe the price difference comes with the DAC chip difference. Even so, with users reporting equal sound, it doesn't seem to matter I am looking forward to hearing one of these bad boys soon
Old 17th July 2016
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search