The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ext. scsi devices expansion with radar. Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Maniac

ext. scsi devices expansion with radar.

As this Radar model that I have is getting older, periodically replacing the audio hard drive is becoming more expensive & difficult to arrange.

The more modern SCSI/SATA Bridging adapters with SSDs technology is quite expensive to arrange where I live -so I'm looking for less expensive temporary alternatives.

I've come in contact with a producer who has many one-time used SCSI drives with "Store Case" type sleds -in good shape -for a good price. (-not the right sleds for the Radar 24 BWAV audio-drive bay )

*However there may be another easy option, -if the radar has a ext scsi port, -as he has a 4 bay rack (with the right "sleds") that he could sell to me too.

-It does sound like his old drives would be in pretty good shape, -and I suppose a 4 bay rack could as well be useful in certain professional applications & situations (?).

iZcorp Support tells me that the Radar 24 "theoretically" can add ext. SCSIs;

"RADAR’s SCSI buss terminates with the Adrenaline card external terminator (white with green light).

Other SCSI devices can be attached to that connector (remove the terminator) as long as the terminator is the last device.

I have not seen anyone do this – but it is possible to add SCSI devices

– remember the limit is 8 devices.

I cannot say that adding external devices has been tested or approved."

iZ Technology Support

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had any luck with the scsi expansion with radar.

It is surprising that though it's untested, these Radar 24s use a scsi controller card that does have an external port.

I would like to look further into the potential of this digital recorders SCSI Buss capabilities re additional external SCSI devices, -is there indeed any sort of viable ext scsi port (or way of doing that) re the Radar 24 ?

Thanks,

Thrip

Last edited by Thrip; 9th July 2016 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: missing info.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search