The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TLM 67 With Nickel Body?
Old 30th June 2016
Lives for gear

TLM 67 With Nickel Body?

Can the "body" section of TLM67 be ordered in nickel only? I hate they way these microphones look.

Was wondering if one could purchase just that section (say, off of a 87, if it fits) and replace the dark body that comes with it?

Thanks much
Old 30th June 2016
Gear Addict

you can use a U87 body .... they're pretty expensive though. Neumann doesn't offer the tlm67 in nickel.
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

zenproaudio was selling some sort of package with a replacement body tube. Can't remember the particulars.
Old 1st July 2016
Lives for gear

The TLM67 body looks much better in person than in pics.

http://www.zenproaudio.com/neumann-tlm-67-with-u-mod
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Nothing wrong with TLM 67. It looks fantastic in person and sounds very good too.

Bashers step off.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Are you new??
Old 4th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphtec View Post
you can use a U87 body .... they're pretty expensive though. Neumann doesn't offer the tlm67 in nickel.
The reason being that the 67 looks identical to a U87 and the body colour clearly identifies the 67 from the 87.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

I don't think that if someone doesn't like the color or, in particular, the big cartoon badge, that it makes them "new" or says that they don't know what they are talking about.

Especially when the person being chastised is longtime poster, Oceantracks!

It's just a matter of taste. Personally, I don't mind the color, but I think the extra badge is goofy looking. If I really wanted the mic for some reason, I don't think it would be enough to turn me off though.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you new??
Um ... he actually has more post than you have, Plush.

If this matters in the first place.

Quote:
Bashers step off.
Apparently, he wants one.

True bashers wouldn't.

Most painful to my eyes is the thick badge rather than the colour of the sleeve.

But yes, in the end sound is more important.

Which doesn't mean you can't dislike the looks.
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Was wondering if one could purchase just that section
Yes, you can get the U87Ai replacement body tube for the TLM67, and it is a direct replacement. You can order one by phone by calling Sennheiser and ask for the Spare Parts division. Ask for the U87Ai replacement body tube, and they can process your order over the phone

It comes complete with the U87Ai badge attached, and if memory serves they cost around $200 each + shipping, and when placed on the TLM67 it will look like this:

<http://www.m221b.com/Neumann/U87Body...yTube67HI.html>
Old 4th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathedral Guitar View Post
Yes, you can get the U87Ai replacement body tube for the TLM67, and it is a direct replacement. You can order one by phone by calling Sennheiser and ask for the Spare Parts division. Ask for the U87Ai replacement body tube, and they can process your order over the phone

It comes complete with the U87Ai badge attached, and if memory serves they cost around $200 each + shipping, and when placed on the TLM67 it will look like this:

<NEW Neumann U87 Body Tube for Vintage U87i, U87Ai, and TLM67 CondensorMics>
Hey thanks everyone...yeah it's about 240 I think they said at Sennheiser....way too much!

Think I'll just continue saving for the 87 which is a better bet for me.....

Thanks again!
Old 4th July 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
I think the extra badge is goofy looking.
The badge is the image of Georg Neumann that both Neumann Berlin and Microtech Gefell used - it was drawn for the 80th anniversary of Georg Neumann & Co., the company that Georg Neumann set up in 1928 (and the company that still owns Microtech Gefell).
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah, I know that!:-) Doesn't change the lack of aesthetic appeal, at least for my taste. To each their own.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

OP does not like the look of the Neumann microphone?

Then paint it or buy a different one.

GS has a large number of "me-too" Neumann bashers who delight in talking about how awful the modern Neumann mics are.

So tiresome.

Fit a U87 sleeve and keep moving. But poster is probably too cheap to lay out cash for the Neumann sleeve part.

YOu can't get there from here according to the bashers.
Old 5th July 2016
Wow take it easy guys....I agree with the original poster. I think the 67 body looks a little hokey. Doesn't mean I hate modern neumanns or anything. Zen Pro offers an upgrade and I believe it's a little cheaper than going through sennheiser. But I'm the type of person who would spend the money if that's what I really wanted!
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

It's not cheaper, it's just convenient. They keep the shock mount while upcharging for the sleeve. Price the shock mount.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

Good lord, Plush. A little sensitive?

I had the TLM67 briefly/recently. If I had loved it and kept it, I would've ordered the new body tube. That badge is just ridiculous looking.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

Good Lord, yourself.
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

Here's a pair of TLM67 with nickel bodies. These ones have the Max Kircher tube mods. I have stock and valve versions and use both. Nice microphones.
Attached Thumbnails
TLM 67 With Nickel Body?-dsc_0445.jpg   TLM 67 With Nickel Body?-dsc_0440.jpg  
Old 5th July 2016
Zen pro has three different packages for the sleeve mic and shock mount! Convenient would be how I describe as well, certain Neumann parts can be pricier than others!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search