The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
If You Had A Choice Between RND-5060+5059+MBP Or API The Box-What Would You Get & Why Summing Mixers
Old 30th June 2016
If You Had A Choice Between RND-5060+5059+MBP Or API The Box-What Would You Get & Why

If You Had A Choice Between RND-5060+5059+MBP Or API The Box-Which One Would You Get & Why

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 30th June 2016 at 01:33 PM..
Old 2nd July 2016
Gear Addict

Easy, if I was doing any recording at all, the Box, without a doubt. If all I did was mix, then maybe the RND stuff.
Old 3rd July 2016
Gear Addict

I completely misunderstood what The Box was all about when it first came out. After much research, planning and contemplation, it seems like a perfect solution for a project studio situation. I still want to be able to do minimal tracking or overdubs with good quality pres, and can just combine with my existing pres for larger tracking needs. Then having the ability to mix OTB on the faders is really what I'm after. I've also pondered combining those RND pieces but I keep coming back to the API. Saving my pennies...
Old 3rd July 2016
It's personal preference; I prefer the Portico sound over API. I am more jazz, blues, and Bealtes, James Taylor. If I was more Led Zep style I would go API.
Old 3rd July 2016
Lives for gear

It's all about the faders. I have a client with all the above, including a 5088. API The Box at the owners home studio... 5059 in their Icon room...5088 in adjacent print room. The Icon soon to be replaced with a 1608. He says he 'feels the mix' better when he can ride the faders.
We haven't discussed if/how the 5059 will be integrated once the Icon to 1608 upgrade is completed.
At present Symphony used with The Box..Prism ADA8's on the Icon/5059. Might need more converters if both 1608/5059 are integrated together.

Last edited by MIKEHARRIS; 3rd July 2016 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Sp
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search