The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Headphone matrices
Old 16th June 2016
Gear Maniac

Headphone matrices

Good day.

I am curious to learn what headphone distribution systems are used in the control rooms of medium to larger studios these days. I am not interested in trendy headphone amplifyers, but in learning if you still use a matrix system to allow your clients (artists/management) to opt from the monitors for headphones to listen to the tracking or mixing of the audio. In the live rooms - we have that sorted. A good, stable matrix to allow the artists to generate their mixes as they see fit. But the control room - is this still needed/used?

Typically I have used a series distribution amplifyers to make a matrix, and the listener gets what the engineer feeds them, and there are about 6 or 8 such stations from where one can take a feed form the console and listen.
Old 16th June 2016
Lives for gear

240 ch ADAT via Toslink backbone here.

Sync and 8 monitor channels share one ADAT buss here.

Tap it where ever you need it, live room, control room, booth, whatev.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search