The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Merging Hapi with Pro Tools 11?
Old 15th June 2016
Here for the gear
Merging Hapi with Pro Tools 11?

First off, I'll preface this by saying, I really am an amateur when it comes to network audio, and I feel incredibly lucky that I have access to this equipment, so I feel I should make the most of it.

So, I have access to a Merging Technologies 'Hapi' interface. I've used it with it's dedicated Pyramix PC, but it seems incredibly dense. Looks like a great tool, but to be honest right now I can't be bothered learning it when I have Pro Tools. So I tried hooking it up to my MacBook Pro (I had to get an ethernet-thunderbolt adapter from Apple for $50, which is highway robbery), and I can't seem to get the audio connecting to Pro Tools. I downloaded the Ravenna drivers, and they're working fine, I can see the signal coming through the preamp meter. I've changed my Hardware, Playback Engine and I/O settings to the Ravenna A/AES76, selected the input and hit record and..... nothing. I remember having to fiddle around with the Ravenna Easy Connect software with Pyramix to organise the Network connection, but the Easy Connect hasn't been in the driver package for OSX since Mavericks. I was basically wondering if the functions in Easy Connect have been moved somewhere else? Because I can't find them, nor can I find the software as a seperate download.

I'll probably end up feeling like a moron, but I really am posting here to learn, and hopefully wrap my head slightly further around the whole network audio thing. Thanks in advance!!
Old 15th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrysaurus View Post
First off, I'll preface this by saying, I really am an amateur when it comes to network audio, and I feel incredibly lucky that I have access to this equipment, so I feel I should make the most of it.

So, I have access to a Merging Technologies 'Hapi' interface. I've used it with it's dedicated Pyramix PC, but it seems incredibly dense. Looks like a great tool, but to be honest right now I can't be bothered learning it when I have Pro Tools. So I tried hooking it up to my MacBook Pro (I had to get an ethernet-thunderbolt adapter from Apple for $50, which is highway robbery), and I can't seem to get the audio connecting to Pro Tools. I downloaded the Ravenna drivers, and they're working fine, I can see the signal coming through the preamp meter. I've changed my Hardware, Playback Engine and I/O settings to the Ravenna A/AES76, selected the input and hit record and..... nothing. I remember having to fiddle around with the Ravenna Easy Connect software with Pyramix to organise the Network connection, but the Easy Connect hasn't been in the driver package for OSX since Mavericks. I was basically wondering if the functions in Easy Connect have been moved somewhere else? Because I can't find them, nor can I find the software as a seperate download.

I'll probably end up feeling like a moron, but I really am posting here to learn, and hopefully wrap my head slightly further around the whole network audio thing. Thanks in advance!!
I think you need to Launch the MT Discovery App to connect your interfaces I/O to the Driver.

MT App download Found here
Merging Technologies | Horus & Hapi Mic-Pre & AD/DA Converter Downloads
Old 16th June 2016
Here for the gear
As far as I'm aware the MT Discovery App is the driver. When I launch it, your standard Windows folder system comes up inside the app (even though I'm on OSX, I guess its just an aesthetic choice?). There are a few options: Theres an App under "RAVENNA Devices > Horus" which is the preamp controls, headphone routing and that sort of thing. Theres another app under "RAVENNA Devices > CoreAudio" which has some basic settings for sample rate, session preamp templates and things like that. From what I can see, these are the only two available, and nowhere in there can I see the green diamond I/O sync menu that I saw on the Pyramix EasyConnect software (which I have also seen on a video by pro tools expert, but with no explanation of how it worked. I think he was also using Pro Tools HD).'
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search