The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Crane Song avocet IIA DAC vs Dangerous Analog
Old 12th June 2016
Gear Head

Crane Song avocet IIA DAC vs Dangerous Analog

Hi All,
I currently have a new model Apollo 8 and a Prism Lyra. I usually come out of my apollo go through my analog mastering chain and come back in on another computer through my Lyra.
Right now I monitor through a Dbox digitally, I have two digital in's so I can choose between the apollo and the Lyra. However I need to upgrade my monitor control with a bit more in and out's as my work flow expands.
The only reason I would get the crane song would be for the DAC. But is it really that necessary? I would assume that D/A's on the apollo and Lyra are right up there with the crane song. Is it going to make or break what I hear if I was to get a Dangerous Monitor and just come out the apollo and lyra analog? Would I miss my Dbox DAC?
Old 18th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytrump View Post
Hi All,
I currently have a new model Apollo 8 and a Prism Lyra. I usually come out of my apollo go through my analog mastering chain and come back in on another computer through my Lyra.
Right now I monitor through a Dbox digitally, I have two digital in's so I can choose between the apollo and the Lyra. However I need to upgrade my monitor control with a bit more in and out's as my work flow expands.
The only reason I would get the crane song would be for the DAC. But is it really that necessary? I would assume that D/A's on the apollo and Lyra are right up there with the crane song. Is it going to make or break what I hear if I was to get a Dangerous Monitor and just come out the apollo and lyra analog? Would I miss my Dbox DAC?
Just got my Avocet IIA that I´m using with Genelec 8351 and all I the experience has been sort of religious . I´ve converted (DA Converted) to the religion of Avocet and I´m now a true believer .

Kidding aside The Avocet IIA is simply the most awesome monitor controller and DAC I´ve ever used .

Also I loved how simple it was to get more outputs from it simply adding a db25 pinout .

The Avocet IIA is going to me in my studio forever . Don't know what more to say other then you simply get what you pay for and Avocet IIA in my mind is worth every penny.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search