The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ideal interface to feed Burl 32 Vancouver
Old 9th June 2016
  #1
Gear Nut
 

Ideal interface to feed Burl 32 Vancouver

Hello all,

I've been doing a lot of research on various audio interfaces and pci cards trying to find the best one to take advantage of the 32 channels of summing the burl 32 Vancouver provides.

I was curious if any of you use the burl 32 at the start of your mixing/mastering chain and which interface you find ideal to feed it with?

So far I plan on summing my DAW mix into the burl 32 which feeds the API 2500 and dangerous bax EQ for finishing touches.

I work with electronic music techno/house type productions.


Any insight/experiences would be appreciated
Old 9th June 2016
  #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nleif View Post
Hello all,

I've been doing a lot of research on various audio interfaces and pci cards trying to find the best one to take advantage of the 32 channels of summing the burl 32 Vancouver provides.

I was curious if any of you use the burl 32 at the start of your mixing/mastering chain and which interface you find ideal to feed it with?

So far I plan on summing my DAW mix into the burl 32 which feeds the API 2500 and dangerous bax EQ for finishing touches.

I work with electronic music techno/house type productions.


Any insight/experiences would be appreciated
You could get a Burl B-80 Mothership with Four BDA8 cards
Old 9th June 2016
  #3
Gear Nut
 

Thanks for the reply Doc, looking at the burl mothership, I should've specified I'm looking in the $2000-2500 range.

Alternatively, I was considering saving some cash and investing instead in a Dangerous Music 2 bus LT to feed with a Motu 16A but I really like the idea of being able to push up the gain with the Burl 32 Vancouver, I just don't want to pay for the 32 channels but only have access to 16.
Old 9th June 2016
  #4
Lives for gear
 
12tone's Avatar
 

RME RayDat + Ferrofish A32
Old 9th June 2016
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Antelope Orion 32 ??
Old 9th June 2016
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Squawk's Avatar
The Motu AVB interfaces are a good option. Which ones(s) depend on how many inputs you also need.
Old 10th June 2016
  #7
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
Antelope Orion 32 ??
This! I have this feeding my RND 5060, but before hand was feeding the Burl Vancouver. For the money you can't get any better; and the Orion32+ now has thunderbolt too.
Old 10th June 2016
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
bs44's Avatar
Two Lynx Aurora 16's?
Two 16x16 cards in an Apogee Symphony?
Old 11th June 2016
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayzed View Post
This! I have this feeding my RND 5060, but before hand was feeding the Burl Vancouver. For the money you can't get any better; and the Orion32+ now has thunderbolt too.
Hello,

Do you fnd a big difference betewenn the B32 and the 5060?
WHich one has more modjo?
Regards
Sergio
Old 14th June 2016
  #10
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioelectro View Post
Hello,

Do you fnd a big difference betewenn the B32 and the 5060?
WHich one has more modjo?
Regards
Sergio
I much prefer the sound of the 5060, just feels thicker if you'll excuse the hyperbole. I enjoyed the sound of the B32, but my unit had a reoccurring issue with a faulty transformer and after months of back and forth I just wanted to just have something that worked.

Having said that I had the Burl B26 monitor controller and man that thing was gorgeous, so nothing against Burl, i think i just had a rouge unit, and will be having a mothership in the not too distant future.

Mojo is subjective, but with the 5060 and most of the Rupert Neve Units; they have Silk & Silk+ blend-able saturation so can add as much mojo and tone as you like!
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump