The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is a pair of Calrec PQ1061's worth? Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 10th May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroegermusic View Post
Hey there, I didn't realize they were still for sale I thought they had sold in reverb.
Ah no, I took them off of Reverb because I thought I had a buyer, he fell through, I never re-listed on there, but have been bumping my post about them here. So yeah, still available.
Old 10th May 2017
I regret selling mine like no other piece of gear. More than OG 1073's even. Oh that creamy, scraping crunch.
Old 23rd May 2017
Gear Maniac

Would you be willing to do a deal on reverb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRecording View Post
My pair of discrete PQ 1161s are still available. I've lowered the price to 2750 in case anyone on here is interested - it's a fantastic deal. You can message me, check out more info on the classifieds board.

Here are some more photos...

Old 23rd May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroegermusic View Post
Would you be willing to do a deal on reverb?
Sorry, it's been sold.

thanks!
Old 15th February 2019
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but though those of you discussing these units might be more interested in what i have so i'll post here first.

I have:
6x Calrec 1161's (actually 5x 1161's and 1x 1061 but they are exactly the same thing).
4x Audix 35102 modules
6x Suitable Sowter output transformers
and a Calrec 2U rack power supply from the same console the modules came from.
I also have a few extra Calrec modules from the same console that could be useful/interesting or just parts donors.

This little lot would be ideal to make a custom mini tracking console or just racked up individually like the BAE units.
I personally intended to make a mini console but just never got round to it, my studio owning days are coming to an end and i'm planning to offload what i cant use at home.

Goes without saying they will need fully checking over /servicing mounting and wiring into something to use them but as i'm sure you'll appreciate getting hold of them in the first place is the biggest battle, they are cosmetically very good looking and I don't think there will be much if anything wrong with them, I do have some drawings/documentation for the modules, I just need to dig it all out of my storage lockup.

So anyone that might be seriously interested please PM me, I'm in London UK but will ship anywhere sensible with adequate pre payment and insurance covered.
Old 15th February 2019
Studiocare are selling 1161's for £800 or so for each module. Lot less than a Neve and they sound better. They're the Bentleys.
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil H View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but though those of you discussing these units might be more interested in what i have so i'll post here first.
If anyone is interested in this, I have some Calrec/Penny and Giles faders and various routing modules, meters etc taken from a larger Calrec desk that might compliment them. I'm also based in London.
Old 15th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Studiocare are selling 1161's for £800 or so for each module. Lot less than a Neve and they sound better. They're the Bentleys.
Thanks!
10K sounds like a nice round number for everything I have, the Power Supply will save someone an awful lot of work on its own and I do have some other bits i could throw in too.
Old 16th February 2019
I'd recommend POM audio if the task is too great. He has enclosed many vintage channels.
Old 16th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Still seems so underpriced/undervalued.

Certainly ain't selling mine for anything close to that...
Old 16th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
Still seems so underpriced/undervalued.

Certainly ain't selling mine for anything close to that...
So in theory my entire package is a bargain Just need to find someone who wants it.
Old 11th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMK00 View Post

How many of the 1161s are discrete?

Discrete 1161s are worth top dollar, the IC ones are worth less than half that

And that Vintage Audio Gearbox Guy? Completely full of shyte. It will cost you the price of your modules PLUS $2500 to get them racked up.

Totally misleading, Plus it takes FOREVER for them to reply to you. F***KING scammy assholes!!!
I don't know, I'll have to open them up and have a look, they are currently in storage.

I don't know who you are talking about but I won't be paying anyone to rack them, if I was going to be racking them I would do it myself but I'm not going to invest the time and effort at the moment unless it becomes totally necessary in order to sell them.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search