The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
KNIF Audio V804 Mic Pre?
Old 29th May 2016
Gear Nut

KNIF Audio V804 Mic Pre?

Has anyone had the chance that wants to speak out about using this preamp? How does it compare to other T-Funken V72 styled circuits? I have the opportunity to get a few, but never heard them. I own the Soma EQ, great product. But, where does the V804 stand in terms of sound/quality?
Old 29th May 2016
Lives for gear

Looks interesting.

FWIW, word is that tab-funkenwerk is going to produce some more v series within the next year...

Can't make a comparison, but thanks for posting about these!
Old 29th May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
Looks interesting.

FWIW, word is that tab-funkenwerk is going to produce some more v series within the next year...

Can't make a comparison, but thanks for posting about these!
I have love/hate relationship with Tab products. I love that they are affordable, but hate that they usually sound better then a lot of V-series styled circuits. The V78 was one of my favorite pre's for a long time. I even have original V72's in regular use here. But, I've been having issues with them ans looking for modern alternatives. Hence how I found the V804's. I've had the luxury of owning or using Chandler REDD Pre's, V78's, Sonic Farm derivatives, Mercury M72's/M76's and etc. All sound good, but most lack some of that V72 character. The search for something to replace my V72's is still ongoing!
Old 7th June 2016
Gear Nut

Is everyone swore to secrecy?
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

bump, im curious...
Old 2nd January 2017
if I won the lotto, I'd buy a couple of whatever Knif builds. Great engineering.
Also have the Soma, and haven’t heard the V804 pre, but never read a bad word said. gl. Knif V804 Pre
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Front page

I´m pretty sure Jonte answers any questions

Matti
Old 19th May 2018
Bump, anyone else tried this or have any demos? Am very interested.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search