The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using IZ RADAR STUDIO with PCI Firewire Card
Old 25th May 2016
Here for the gear

Using IZ RADAR STUDIO with PCI Firewire Card

Hi All. I am about to upgrade my RADAR 24 to a RADAR STUDIO. However passé, and "soon to be out of date" Firewire may be, I still want the option. I have spoken to a user who installed a Firewire PCI Card in his RADAR STUDIO, for use with his UAD Satellite, and has had few issues with it. Does anyone have any experience using external hard drives with a Firewire PCI Card installed in a RADAR STUDIO? Your thoughts, and advice will be much appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Old 26th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfLandAndSea View Post
Hi All. I am about to upgrade my RADAR 24 to a RADAR STUDIO. However passé, and "soon to be out of date" Firewire may be, I still want the option. I have spoken to a user who installed a Firewire PCI Card in his RADAR STUDIO, for use with his UAD Satellite, and has had few issues with it. Does anyone have any experience using external hard drives with a Firewire PCI Card installed in a RADAR STUDIO? Your thoughts, and advice will be much appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Since the Radar Studio OS is custom, you'll need to contact IZ to make sure whatever 3rd party hardware will be supported with their system.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search