The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Calrec mini mixer Dynamic Microphones
Old 19th May 2016
Here for the gear

Calrec mini mixer

Hi all,

I've got a Calrec mini mixer with 8 channels and a master section. The channel strips have PQ 1484 on them.
Does anybody know anything about these strips? Every other PQ is mentioned but not these.
They also have Lars Lundahl LL1530s in each.
Again these aren't discussed anywhere but appear with a slightly different number.
Any info out there would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Calrec mini mixer-image.jpg   Calrec mini mixer-image.jpg  
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

Hi
Not a huge number of those around. Nice little mixers, quite simple, decent performance and as you say transformers on inputs and outputs. Kind of a 'cut down' version of the M series desk modules using very similar circuitry.
Matt S
Old 19th May 2016
Here for the gear

Calrec mini mixer

Thanks Matt,

Yeah not sure what to do with it as I'm between studio work spaces and haven't had a lot of time to get a feel for the sound of this mixer.
My monitors have been D880 headphones and my work space is currently a gardening shed...
Old 21st May 2016
Here for the gear

Multi pin connector for Calrec Mini mixer

Does anybody have any idea where I could get the connectors to enable the insert and direct outs on this mixer
Attached Thumbnails
Calrec mini mixer-image.jpg  
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boontown Sound View Post
Does anybody have any idea where I could get the connectors to enable the insert and direct outs on this mixer
These are EDAC "Elco" connectors. They are still available.

EDAC/ELCO Connectors | Redco Audio

Just make sure to get the correct pin count.
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Hi
There are many different pinout versions of the EDAC so you will need to ask Calrec or find a manual from somewhere. There is NO standard EDAC connection layout as every company that uses them has their own ideas depending on what signals are being carried.
Matt S
Old 22nd May 2016
Here for the gear

Thanks Matt & Ned,

I saw some other posts with the EDAC connectors and as you said the schematic was for a tape machine.

I counted 38 blade pins, the schematic for the tape machine suggested that each blade was either a send or a return with a ground pin for each group.
I've asked Calrec if they can assist finding a schematic to use.
Thanks again for all your help guys!
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boontown Sound View Post
i had one of these mixers for a while and i really miss it.. sorry i had to sell it.. anyway.. when i got it i had a bunch of paperwork with it and got cables made by redco. they were around $150 each or something.. i shipped everything off with the mixer when i sold it.. this is all the doc i ever scanned..

http://www.ignatiusmusic.com/Calrecstuff.zip

i think there is a pin out doc in there somewhere but i don't really remember. i've had this link up on my server for a few years now but have no idea what's in it. i know there's some schematics and brochure but..

edit: there's also this link in another post

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...m-mk2-docs.zip
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

Hi
The second link is minimixer 2 which MAY have the same EDAC pinouts but MAY NOT.
The build is very different.
Matt S
Old 22nd May 2016
Lives for gear

Hi again
The first link has the EDAC info you need.
Matt S
Old 28th May 2016
Here for the gear

Ive been looking for one of these for a while now thanks to ignatius and muffwiggler. I sent you a message just in case you want to get rid of it!
Old 30th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Nice little Eng or location mixer. The transformers are still production Lundahl's - they match a high-impedance input to a mic level (http://www.lundahl.se/wp-content/upl...heets/1530.pdf). They might be actively balanced on the outputs, as there are not any additional transformers shown on the module photograph.

When you order your Edac's to mate with these, order pins as well. You install the pins with a pair of needle nosed pliers - they kinda snap in to place.
Old 30th May 2016
Lives for gear

Hi
The mic transformers step UP the mic signal and impedance.
The output transformers are on the motherboard not the modules.
Matt S
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search