The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 32257 Gate Module Fair Price?
Old 17th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Neve 32257 Gate Module Fair Price?

Hey everyone, I'm looking at Neve 32257 Gate Module

Neve 32257 Gate Module Fair Price?Vintage Rupert Neve Co 32257 Gate Module Cambridge England Serial 10124 K | eBay

and am wondering if this is a fair price. I have never seen one of these for sale before and I haven't been able to find very much info about them except that they are also called "background noise supressors". Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
Old 17th May 2016
member no 666

$150 - $200 USD... they are very much nothing special.

Peace
Old 17th May 2016
Gear Maniac

thanks
Old 18th May 2016
Gear Addict

Thing is, they have really nice transformers inside, the input 31267 would sell on eBay for $150, if it has a key input ..it will have a second 31267 for that.

It has an output amp/transformer the same as a 1081. (from memory)

This module can be wired as a Gate, a ducker for voice over and as a limiter.

Some years ago, I converted one to a limiter.. and it was great!!!
Old 19th May 2016
Lives for gear

Back in the day, Neve sold very few of them. Generally, someone buying a console with 6 correction unit slots, would buy a pair plus a pair of 2074's or whatever, just to fill up the space.

I always thought the 2258 Ducker was more useful because it was used with ancient broadcast consoles for the DJ to talk over the intro to a music source and it would automatically fade up when he stopped talking...

The sliding notch filter was also really useful as you could attenuate any bothersome frequency by 70dB or more.

This module though, I agree with Fletcher, even for parts its not worth the price advertised.

Last edited by Geoff_T; 20th May 2016 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: Memory cells letting me down
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search