The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Api 525 500 Series Dynamics
Old 11th May 2016
Lives for gear

Api 525

Ok, so these babies are not 'flavor of the month' but more staples in many studios through history.
I would love to know who is using them and what particular uses? Any stereo uses? Tracking what? Mixing what? Finally, why do you like these over other comps for the applications?
Thanks!!
Old 11th May 2016
I have a pair and love them! Just got them sent in for servicing (vu meter bulb and one meter was getting stuck) in the week they have been gone I missed them in my last mix. For vocals they shine, if my sta level doesn't work on the singer (which is rare) then my 525 works instantly. Also works on bass and percs. Don't like them at all on bus duty though. I sometimes track w them on soft female vocals. But for lead vox they rock. I think it's my fav 500 series comp for vox and more. Don't like the deeess feature on it. If you haven't tried one I strongly suggest u try one! You won't regret it. My fave vox setting is both buttons in!
GL!!!!
Old 11th May 2016
Lives for gear

I seriously love them, I loathe the day I no longer had Acess to a pair, very nice and now with the 2500 still my preferred option!
Old 13th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
I seriously love them, I loathe the day I no longer had Acess to a pair, very nice and now with the 2500 still my preferred option!
Thanks! Any hype on the Tonelux TX5c? Would love your thoughts!
Old 13th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1973 View Post
Thanks! Any hype on the Tonelux TX5c? Would love your thoughts!
I can only say...if Paul Wolff Designed the unit, I doubt it's going to sound in any way not useful, a mean it's API/Tonelux and a kind of meet in the middle scenario for some products - others are PMI designed so maybe not with Mr. Wolff's touch etc?
Old 15th May 2016
Gear Maniac

In fact I am using tx5c. Sounds great and adds nice sheen with proper "tilt" control!
Old 18th May 2016
I'm a big fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Api 525-img_0100.jpg  
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search