The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 1608 or new heritage 8024? Equalisers (HW)
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Maniac

API 1608 or new heritage 8024?

Love he sound of the API bit the Audient would be a better match for my radar studio for old school 24 track recording ?
Old 9th May 2016
I've heard API is gonna stop producing the 1608.
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Maniac

From who?
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Maniac

Api 1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by crille_mannen View Post
I've heard API is gonna stop producing the 1608.
Maybe it's a combination of the long distance and the translation - we actually said;

'API CAN'T stop producing the 1608'

The last several months have seen record 1608 sales to churches, universities, and both home and commercial studios. The 1608 has found its place firmly in the API product line and serves the studio needs of hundreds of enthusiastic customers.

We think the 1608 would be a great match with a Radar Studio for old school 24 track recording.
Old 9th May 2016
Lives for gear

Even if I had the cash and wanted that sound I still think even my 4816 is more attractive to me, more flexible than the 1608. It's funny I was just checking the XL desk and 1608 again and so glad I went the Audient route. So personally I would definitely buy a 24 or more channels of Heritage Audient with the automation section and spend the rest on colorful hardware, even if the new one has transformer on the output it will still be a clean mixer, as mine still is through a Drawmer 1968MK2 and a Manley Massive Passive. Put colorful pieces on subgroups and inserts and you can do clean to colorful and between. I'm actually interested in some API hardware for my Audient as I like their sound. I'm not a big studio guy tho' and the API might be a good brand name to have, to track on, but I don't know if I'd want a less flexible mixer than the Audient unless it's a way bigger desk than the stock 16 channel 1608.
Old 9th May 2016
Gear Guru

I'd do a 1608 over the Audient any day.
I think there's a studio in London[KORE Studios] who swapped an Audient to a 32 ch 1608.
you might want to track them down for info.
Old 10th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz View Post
Love he sound of the API bit the Audient would be a better match for my radar studio for old school 24 track recording ?
I can't imagine almost any scenario in which I'd agree with that. But I guess the beauty of this world is that everything is so subjective. Best of luck!
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

I'm not fooling myself, I'd also take the API mixer IF I had EVERYTHING else in place, that includes the best possible studio tracking and control room, mics, compressors etc. The API with 32 channels and automation is a lot of money. I absolutely get that it has a different build quality and sound, even the API The Box seems to have a sound when summing through transformers and API amps, when you have all those API EQs at hands, the preamps and such. But the economy in the biz is not the best, and I bet you can get great results with Audient + outboard where it matters. I'm not saying the Audient is the best built mixer quality wise, if anyone would just give me an API/NEVE or such I'd def. take it. But it has great routing/features and the sound don't get in the way and rherefore it's worth serious consideration for the price. The fact the 4816 has 48 channels for a 16 channel gives me 32 DA's pluss effects and parallel hardware tools and stil some unused possibilities.
Old 10th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckdaddy View Post
I'm not fooling myself, I'd also take the API mixer IF I had EVERYTHING else in place, that includes the best possible studio tracking and control room, mics, compressors etc. The API with 32 channels and automation is a lot of money. I absolutely get that it has a different build quality and sound, even the API The Box seems to have a sound when summing through transformers and API amps, when you have all those API EQs at hands, the preamps and such. But the economy in the biz is not the best, and I bet you can get great results with Audient + outboard where it matters. I'm not saying the Audient is the best built mixer quality wise, if anyone would just give me an API/NEVE or such I'd def. take it. But it has great routing/features and the sound don't get in the way and rherefore it's worth serious consideration for the price. The fact the 4816 has 48 channels for a 16 channel gives me 32 DA's pluss effects and parallel hardware tools and stil some unused possibilities.
Then I'm just not sure why you really mentioned the API. Sounds like you have already made the decision/dont have the budget for the API?
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Then I'm just not sure why you really mentioned the API. Sounds like you have already made the decision/dont have the budget for the API?
I'm not the thread starter. I just said I like my Audient and that the price difference can be put to good use elsewhere. It depends on what you are trying to do with it too. I don't track and mix much rock bands, I mix mostly Hip Hop/Soul, and the Audient serves me nice. And if you want the sound of an API console it would be hard work with the Audient and effortless with the API og course.
Old 10th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckdaddy View Post
I'm not the thread starter. [snip]
Ha! That it explains it.

(I'll get my coat)
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Hey Folks,

Thank you for all the interest in the new ASP8024HE.

We are quite big fans of the Radar studio here at Audient and used one on our Musikmesse booth to get I/O for our demo console. A short video we did with Pro Tools Expert explains why we chose it and why we think its a great pairing with the ASP8024HE:

We also currently have a ASP8024HE with a Radar Studio rigged up in our office (it's actually in the kitchen, great for doing a quick mix during the lunch break ) so if anyone has any questions about either then feel free to ask or drop us a PM and we'll do our very best to help you out.

Daniel @ Audient UK
Old 10th May 2016
Gear Maniac

I am going to stick with the API love the sound reliability,and the modular design,the build quality is also awesome.jz
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search