The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pcm70 question
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

pcm70 question

Im thinking about getting a Lexicon pcm70 and i have some questions for experienced users.

Besides the plate and room reverb, how are the flangers and chorusses?? Are there also stacked effects, like delay and flanger combinations or chorus reverbs like in the mpx1???

Is there a software editor for the pcm70??

thanks
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

The flangers and choruses are un-rivaled. 6 Voice Chorus? Come on!!

Yes it has combos and the verb with chorus is why I use it constantly (oh & why I bought it in the first place).
Old 8th February 2007
Gear Maniac

it's a must in a recording environment... Maybe now it's not so silent like pcm 91 but I would not give it away. The chorus are good . Eventide maybe it's differerent. But if you have a good price take it. The only editor I know is the MRC. Is not a software...
Alessio
www.spazisonori.com

Last edited by alessio; 8th February 2007 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: added informations
Old 8th February 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconAudioLab View Post
The flangers and choruses are un-rivaled.
You gots to be kidding right?

Compared to a TC 1210?tutt
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
You gots to be kidding right?

Compared to a TC 1210?tutt
Ok, fine, maybe not compared a TC 1210. heh
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

Is there a software editor for the pcm70??

Are you talking about a standalone editor? I know "Unisyn" from MOTU works with a host application ( ie Digital Performer)

http://www.midi-classics.com/sw/sw25334.htm

Peace
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

thanx rmx, id rather would have a standalone editor. I have a spare P1 pc haninger around, so i can use that specificaly for the lexicon.

Ive had an mpx1 a few years back and i liked it a lot. Its quite easy to create different combinations of fx. Does the pcm70 work like this or is it just presets??

thanx
Old 10th February 2007
Lives for gear

FAR more than just presets. Sounds better too. Programing of all parameters till the cows come home.
Old 10th February 2007
Gear Guru

Editors are something I have been looking into for the PCM70/80/90. I can't believe these devices have been out for many years and not many have developed one. Soundquest Midiquest has Librarians only. Soundiver has a Editor for the PCM70 and PCM80. I think Unisyn has one for the PCM70. SOundquest would be great if they were fully supported as they have a VST plugin that integrate directly in a vst host.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search