The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nearfield monitor options Modular Synthesizers
Old 5th May 2016
Here for the gear

Nearfield monitor options

Hi all,

I want to choose a monitor speaker I thought for a long time and decided that the PMC TWOTWO8 IB1S-A mkiii and Barefoot MM27 choose a middle of my studio. Now I am more tangled, I do not know which one to buy will be better? So I would like to hear your views
Another option is to TT8 + combination TT SUB2, which TT8 + TTSUB2 combinations and B1S-A mkiii and Barefoot MM27 (three almost the same price) for me which option would be better?
(My work involves the creation of film and television music, production and mix of traditional and modern electronic music orchestra will be involved and play a song recording and mixing. There is an area I'm not a big studio , about 200 square feet, but in the near future I will change bigger studio.)
Old 7th May 2016
Gear Guru

Read the High End Nearfield Thread - after testing almost all the top monitors on the market, the OP of the thread went for the ME-Geithain RL 944K for his nearfields and detailed all the reasons HERE.

If you want to read an explanation fo ME-Geithain's "Cardioid" bass response, yo can see it HERE.

So - if in budget, the RL 944K should be on your short list.

They work well in small rooms as well as large rooms and the cardioid response means that you do not get the bass reflection that you do with normal monitors that can muddy the bass.

Old 10th May 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousela View Post
I want to choose a monitor speaker I thought for a long time and decided that the PMC TWOTWO8 IB1S-A mkiii and Barefoot MM27 choose a middle of my studio. Now I am more tangled, I do not know which one to buy will be better?
I don't understand what you mean. The TwoTwo8 and IB1-S are two different models. Is this a surround system with the MM27 in the center channel?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search