The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's going on at Soundelux Mics?
Old 7th February 2007
What's going on at Soundelux Mics?

Does anyone know what's going on at Soundelux Mics? I can't seem to find any official website for them anymore, as Soundeluxmics.com now goes to AscentMedia.com (which has no info about anything Soundelux related), and any contacts I prevously had there are no longer reachable. Does anyone know what the deal is?
Old 7th February 2007
Yes, that is the website I tried... if you notice, the above link goes to Ascent Media, not Soundelux Mics, as I mentioned in my original post.
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

DOH! Yep I saw that and tried to delete my response before anyone posted a reply. You beat me. When I go to the AscentMedia site, there is a link at the bottom that has the Soundelux mic link but it just takes you to another useless section of the AscentMedia website. You probably saw that as well. This is very odd.
Old 8th February 2007

http://www.soundelux.com/ is still the main company that is a subsidiary of Ascent Media

I bought a E251C from GC Pro for about $3K last week - so i am concerned / confused about the soundeluxmic.com site too -

i just called, here is the scoop so far - Soundelux / Soundelux Film Editing corp (www.soundelux.com) sold Soundelux Mic's to Ascent Media - David Bock - who then sold to somebody else is nowhere to be found - nobody is sure what is going on - they are going to start updating their information on their website soon - apparently its a new merger / acquisition and everything is in limbo

they said they are going to have someone contact me
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

David Bock, the designer of the microphones, just bought (or is in the process of buying) the company from Ascent. Transamerica Audio, their US distributor, still has their Soundelux page up here and I'd imagine they would be able to answer any inquiries you might have on the microphones in the meantime...

-Duardo
Old 8th February 2007

wow - thats quite a bit different than what i typed in quoting the guy who answered the phone at soundelux film - apparently someone doesnt know what they are talking about
Old 8th February 2007
hmmm....
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
thats quite a bit different than what i typed in quoting the guy who answered the phone at soundelux film - apparently someone doesnt know what they are talking about
That's not surprising...the movie company is huge, and I'd imagine the microphone business was below the radar screen of most...you can read about the acquisition here...

-Duardo
Old 8th February 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
That's not surprising...the movie company is huge, and I'd imagine the microphone business was below the radar screen of most...you can read about the acquisition here...

-Duardo
cool - thanks

All for One

Compiled by Sarah Benzuly

Feb 1, 2007 12:00 PM

BOCK TAKES SOUNDELUX

David Bock, designer and co-founder of Soundelux Microphones, acquired the rights to the Soundelux Microphone company; the deal is scheduled to be finalized early this year. The agreement includes using the Soundelux name, all of the microphone design and manufacturing rights, all microphone model number/designations and current inventory. Sales and customer service contacts remain the same.
Old 8th February 2007
Lives for gear

This may be of interest:

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/15623/918/
Old 9th February 2007
BTW, the main reason I posted this is because I own a Soundelux mic that needs warranty servicing, and my previous contact no longer has a working email there. If anyone has a good customer service contact with Soundelux (that still works) please post or PM me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search