The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dangerous Music 2Bus + - Any other users? Summing Mixers
Old 24th April 2016
Dangerous Music 2Bus + - Any other users?

I have been using a Dangerous Music 2 Bus + for several days and I just bypassed it and I am noticing my mix sounds actually a lot better. Does this unit have a hollowness to it or is mine glitched? Any other user experiences? It almost sounds like it is displaying an incomplete image the track - I feel sonic information is missing.

Any other users of this device?
Old 24th April 2016
Lives for gear
What converters are you using?
Old 24th April 2016
Apollo 16 Stock
Old 24th April 2016
Just for reference - I put the whole mix through one input of the device and it still sounded hollow. Put the same outputs through my massive passive it sounded fine. So I am not hearing the converters.
Old 24th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Sounds like a problem with the summer. Send it back.
Old 24th April 2016
Gear Head

Hello, i have been using my D2bus+ 5 months now and i can tell you im very happy with the sound. All the things they say about summing are true. Open sound, image and clarity, more natural "glue" and of course the headroom. My only concern is about the "colors" mix buss processing, i have found that harmonics color does more damage than good to my mix bus, paralimit dialing it just a little bit, and the x former just turned on but no dial in, because the x former distorts in a way that i find unpleasant.
Old 24th April 2016
Lives for gear
Did an A / B with a itb mix and 2bus lt recently and it was no competition, 2bus lt smoked it, can't imagine they've gone backwards with the summing even if the processing isn't your cup of tea. I'd probably do a print with and without and send it to Dangerous, or just send back and request another
Old 25th April 2016
Lives for gear
2 Bus totally smokes. I have two of the last version with EAO switches and the Elma pot.

Detail, separation!, clarity! --- this is what you should get out of the Dangerous.
Old 25th April 2016
Solved: The centered triangle output on the unit isn't actually unity gain. I'll get back to working with it and see how it treats me!
Excellent support from Dangerous.

+I had to go +4 to get unity.
Old 26th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
Solved: The centered triangle output on the unit isn't actually unity gain. I'll get back to working with it and see how it treats me!
Excellent support from Dangerous.

+I had to go +4 to get unity.
If it is designed like the original legacy D2B, you need to go +6 to get unity. That said, I recommend that you start at zero (12 o'clock) on the output knob and allow yourself more headroom. If you need more gain upon completion of the mix, then you can make it up on either the summing mixer or the buss processing that may follow it.
Old 26th April 2016
Gear Addict

I was going to say that it sounds like the wiring or connectors are out of phase somewhere in the chain.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search