The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone Have a Nice Mixing Set Up?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Head

Anyone Have a Nice Mixing Set Up?

Hey slutz, I'm asking for a favor. I'm pretty good at mixing, not alot but some outboard gear in my second bedroom. My setup doesn't have a commercial look but I would like to start my own website for mixing services. Anyone have pics of their set up they could send me for my site?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

Absolutely not.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

sorry I had to read the OP twice ....
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Why are you trying to lie to your customers by implying that you have someone else's studio? How does this make any sense for the real studio owner?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Head

If not, that's fine. I didn't post this for people that don't want to. I didn't ask you personally, you have the right to ignore the thread
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

Aside from being unethical It's actually illegal in most countries.
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising

Aside from being unethical It's actually illegal in most countries.
LMAO, "unethical" really Dr Suess? It's illegal if you don't have permission. I could have easily went into the high end pic thread and saved a bunch of those nice studio pics, but did I, NO. I rather be "unethical" and ask first for permission. I know, I'm such a loser for asking. Ever heard of royalty free images? Guess not Matlock.
Hell, go to pizza hut's website right now and they have a picture of fries on a banner, I called and said, "hey when did you start serving fries?" In reply, "we don't sir." Funny right.
Old 6th April 2016
If that is true, how do polititians stay out of jail?
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Hey OP do you have any links to your mixing examples? I'm curious to hear what your work sounds like. Maybe showing the quality of your mixes will help to get some visual media you can use.
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
Hey OP do you have any links to your mixing examples? I'm curious to hear what your work sounds like. Maybe showing the quality of your mixes will help to get some visual media you can use.
Yes I do, have to get the artists' permission first
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

Doesn't pertain? Obviously the question does pertain to those who've replied, as they seem to care a good deal about the fact that some people choose to do what you've proposed. You might do well to consider people's answers to your request, and why everyone who's replied seems to share the same sentiment regarding the request.

It would be even better if you didn't throw nasty names at those of us who've replied.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyKeiko View Post
Hey slutz, I'm asking for a favor. I'm pretty good at mixing, not alot but some outboard gear in my second bedroom. My setup doesn't have a commercial look but I would like to start my own website for mixing services. Anyone have pics of their set up they could send me for my site?
millennials

Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Cool man, I assume that's a good move for you anyways as you'll need sound samples for your site.
Get some clips up here, show off your skills and then maybe someone will want the "look" of their studio to be represented by your sounds.
If someone gives you photos to use, would they get credited on your site?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

I don't think you have replied "in the same order [I] sent." I haven't sworn at all in this thread or made personal attacks.

You posted a request on a *discussion* board, and now, members have replied in order to *discuss* the request. If you just want a free image and no discussion, you can go to one of the image hosting websites you mentioned.

Again, I think your career would benefit from considering why so many people involved with this type of thing have reacted in the same sort of way. If you get this type of reaction on a forum, do you not think you might see the same reaction in the "real world"?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry123 View Post
Cool man, I assume that's a good move for you anyways as you'll need sound samples for your site.
Get some clips up here, show off your skills and then maybe someone will want the "look" of their studio to be represented by your sounds.
If someone gives you photos to use, would they get credited on your site?
Of course they would get credit, I would want credit for my work or contribution if it were me. No doubt. I found some pics from a company who offers free royalty for commercial use, it's just being used on a banner. I'm getting some paperwork written up now for the artists in agree to upload their songs.

Appreciate the help
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

There you go, a photo of my setup, knock yourself out. That's OK, I really mean it!
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Have a Nice Mixing Set Up?-image.jpeg  
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

Yeah I know, everyone here excluding the OP is thinking why did'nt I think of that. Rapier wit I guess.
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

Here you go, pics of my monitoring system in my "A" room, sure to impress.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Have a Nice Mixing Set Up?-image.jpeg  
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear
You are concerned with the intellectual property rights of a picture, but you are not concerned with deceiving your customers into thinking that you own high-end equipment? And you are asking people who have, at great personal sacrifice, built impressive setups let you use said setups to deceive potential customers?

If you just want some pictures of faders for a banner, try shutterstock or similar services. At least that would make the picture aspect of your subterfuge kosher.
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808KickDrum View Post
You are concerned with the intellectual property rights of a picture, but you are not concerned with deceiving your customers into thinking that you own high-end equipment? And you are asking people who have, at great personal sacrifice, built impressive setups let you use said setups to deceive potential customers?
Great personal sacrifice allright. Can you imagine the ridicule I will endure for that Behringer Mixer.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

This could work out great as I have a really good looking studio but my mixes aren't that great. Also, I need a website. If you can advertise my studio at the same time as yours, that would be a big help to me.
Let's do a "Look at a cool studio, listen to a cool studio" thing and everyone will get what they want and it will inspire confidence in our customers. Is it OK if the photos are water marked with the actual studio name they came from and the photographer who took the photos?
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Here is my recording setup. It's more low end but clients come to us when they're looking for the classic "brown" sound. Feel free to use at your disposal.

Old 6th April 2016
Man, this Forum is HIGH END, not LIE END !

But I know, you are kidding, right?

R.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

I really hope you're under the age of, say, 17, and are just learning about how to be a grown up. Hopefully this thread will help the process.
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddinator View Post
There you go, a photo of my setup, knock yourself out. That's OK, I really mean it!
Wow, is that the vintage one or the reissue?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Maniac

next question: hi guys does anyone want to send me fotos of their clients i can photoshop into those gear fotos for my website
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Sure!!! Use any images you want to...just make sure that my clients who spent a truck load of money approve too...I mean after all why would they come to my place when they can come to your bedroom studio?

You seriously had the nuts to ask this in the high end section?
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Here is my recording setup. It's more low end but clients come to us when they're looking for the classic "brown" sound. Feel free to use at your disposal.

That was great!!!!
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

Old 7th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Wow.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search