The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone Have a Nice Mixing Set Up?
Old 7th April 2016

This . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyKeiko View Post
Hey slutz, I'm asking for a favor. I'm pretty good at mixing, not alot but some outboard gear in my second bedroom. My setup doesn't have a commercial look but I would like to start my own website for mixing services. Anyone have pics of their set up they could send me for my site?
Sounds as ridiculous as this:

"Hey slutz, I'm asking for a favor. I'm pretty good at mixing, but I haven't mixed many songs yet. My mixes don't have a commercial sound but I would like to start my own website for mixing services. Anyone have demos or MP3s of their mixes they could send me for my site?"

u47u67u87
Old 7th April 2016
Gear Guru

why not Aim High ..
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Have a Nice Mixing Set Up?-screen-shot-2016-04-06-5.50.12-pm.png  
Old 7th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
why not Aim High ..
OMG He will complain, can you get that old guy out of the picture, my clients will feel uncomfortable with that type of clientele.

AHAHA... Duhhh... who is Rupert Neve ?

Last edited by SoZo; 7th April 2016 at 03:37 AM..
Old 7th April 2016
Here for the gear
Let's just say he missed April Fool's by a few days...
Old 7th April 2016
I think the main thing that made me laugh (when I read the original post three times) is how much effort and sacrifice was needed to make all our studios look as great as possible - from having a four track or whatever to what you've built up now…its about professional (and mainly personal) pride and integrity. I remember sitting on 3rd generation hand me down sofas in the living room - because I'd saved the money to have brand new matching sofas in the studio - because I wanted that room to look the best it could be…but it has to be real - otherwise you are nothing but a fraud…and as much as pictures are important (especially for getting a client for the first time) you need to let them hear what you can do first and foremost. They are not going to be comparing your studio to a commercial facility - otherwise they wouldn't even be considering you - so don't worry about aesthetic so much. They will have a budget (hopefully)…and are much more likely to want to spend that money because you will give them a better product and not that you have an argosy desk with an mbox on it. I can understand your first thoughts if they are all going to be unattended sessions - but seriously mate - it is not a proper direction to take a business in…it won't be a business that lasts.
Old 7th April 2016
Gear Maniac

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen on any forum...
Old 7th April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyKeiko View Post
Hey slutz, I'm asking for a favor. I'm pretty good at mixing, not alot but some outboard gear in my second bedroom. My setup doesn't have a commercial look but I would like to start my own website for mixing services. Anyone have pics of their set up they could send me for my site?

Oh.my.goodness.

Thread closed.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search