The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What sound system do they put in ultra luxury cars?
Old 6th April 2016
What sound system do they put in ultra luxury cars?

So you finally can afford a car like this:

What sound systems come in cars like this? How do the car manufacturers choose which companies to work with when designing these vehicles?
Old 6th April 2016
Quote from fortune dot com link: Rolls-Royce Wraith: 'Inspired by Music' - Fortune

" Created to be perfectly tuned to the interior of the cabin, sound is delivered via a 1300W, 18 channel system comprising two bass speakers, seven tweeters and seven mid range speakers. Two ‘exciter’ speakers hand-fitted in the car’s headlining play a vital role in bringing the sound to the listener at ear-level, “ensuring the output perfectly imitates the way music is experienced in a live setting,” according to the release."

Also stated it was a team of engineers and took over a year. I did not gather a name brand other than rolls Royce design team with world's best engineers you know good ole marketing speak
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

Here you go, this should answer a few of your questions -

10 Car Stereos for the World’s Finest Luxury Cars [SLIDESHOW] | Slideshow
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Addict

If you buy a Porsche you can pay extra for a Burmester system. Those sound really, really good.

I have a BMW with the upgraded Harmon Kardon system and it is not great compared to other car systems I've heard. Honestly I like the Bose system in my Nissan more.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

that car for sure - Beats by Dre....
Old 6th April 2016
I've heard some good ones, but all of them sound like crap once you start the engine.

Stevie Wonder has a pretty good system inside his Rolls Royce. He used it to mix "I Just Called To Say I Love You" while driving around the block calling in mix moves on his cell phone. A 30 watt FM transmitter was set up on the roof to broadcast the mix.

He got the ultimate car mix, if you have an ultimate car system.
Old 6th April 2016
Here for the gear

whoa. stevie wonder was driving a car?
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenethemachine View Post
Yeah, it was a google car.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

I think bentley uses lexicon.
Old 6th April 2016
Lives for gear

something with lots of bass. so much bass that i dont hear anything else. and the music would be just as stupid and cheap as the cars design. yes, something like dre would most likely be fitting
Old 6th April 2016
Gear Guru
Dirac Live

Dirac Live do this for RR, Bently, Volvo, BMW, aircraft too.
Automotive Audio — Dirac
DD
Old 7th April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenethemachine View Post
You ought to see him shoot a gun. I've never seen anyone beat him at air hockey.

6th sense?

Actually, his brother Calvin drove the Rolls. Stevie still doesn't have a CA driver's license.
Old 7th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I've heard some good ones, but all of them sound like crap once you start the engine.
The Mark Levinson designed system in mine, adjusts as the sound inside the car changes, to compensate.

But, yes it always sounds best when the engine is off.
Old 7th April 2016
Old 7th April 2016
Lives for gear

Speaking of Stevie Wonder.... back in the day, he lived in Bergenfield NJ.... his phone answering system answered with "I just want to say I'm not home" sung to the melody of the song, "I just called to say I love you". We used to call him just to hear him sing this (I am sure he didn't appreciate it though).

I forgot all about this until you posted the tidbit on his RR sound system.

Thanks for pulling that one out of the long lost memory bank.

Jim
Old 8th April 2016
Lives for gear

I've got Elliot Scheiner in my car. I drive an Acura and it has the ELS system designed by Elliot. Sounds good for a car system!
Old 8th April 2016
Gotta hear that rolls royce I bet it still needs an extra sub or two though for rap. if they are using stock paper cone speakers and 1 amp it probably won't sound as good as some of these high end aftermarket speaker systems.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search