The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Calrec Minimixer Mk 2 Manual or schematics required
Old 5th April 2016
Here for the gear

Calrec Minimixer Mk 2 Manual or schematics required

Hello All

I'm at my wits end now I have tried various forums and old posts but to no avail, I have started a new thread in the hope it might get picked up by somebody.

I have a Calrec Minimixer mk2 24 ch and am trying to restore it, unfortunately as Calrec have decided that the manual is intellectual property it's no longer available from them so fault finding is proving rather ticky.

Calrec themselfs have been very helpful with info that are authourised to give but I'm kind of stuck.

if anybody has any info I would be eternally gratfull and willing to cover costs.

Ideally I'm looking to get the workshop manual as a PDF but would be happy with anything I can lay my hands on

its has

BQ3141 stereo line I/P modules
XC3706 stereo Groups with Dynamics
AY3143 main o/p
and
ML3144 monitering section.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by parkathus; 6th April 2016 at 10:46 PM..
Old 8th April 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkathus View Post
Hello All

I'm at my wits end now I have tried various forums and old posts but to no avail, I have started a new thread in the hope it might get picked up by somebody.

I have a Calrec Minimixer mk2 24 ch and am trying to restore it, unfortunately as Calrec have decided that the manual is intellectual property it's no longer available from them so fault finding is proving rather ticky.

Calrec themselfs have been very helpful with info that are authourised to give but I'm kind of stuck.

if anybody has any info I would be eternally gratfull and willing to cover costs.

Ideally I'm looking to get the workshop manual as a PDF but would be happy with anything I can lay my hands on

its has

BQ3141 stereo line I/P modules
XC3706 stereo Groups with Dynamics
AY3143 main o/p
and
ML3144 monitering section.

Thanks in advance
AnyBody ?
Old 8th April 2016
Gear Maniac

this is the only calrec info i have from my minimixer MKII. when i sold it i sent all the schematics and docs w/the mixer. there are a couple scans of parts of the schematics.

www.ignatiusmusic.com/Calrecstuff.zip

sorry i don't have more for you.
Old 10th April 2016
Lives for gear
All of that is for the Mk. 1.

Not trying to bash as you are contributing at all.

I've been on a similar road and have not had any luck at all.

Calrec are great but are not forthcoming with anything approaching the full documentation.

Plus, each desk was custom mix of modules and to make matter worse, some of the same modules are built with through hole and later iterations of the same modules are SMT. They only way to know? Calrec docs of course.

The circuitry is superb but the complexity of the designs and construction makes it hard to work out what is going on.

I attach all the info I have on the Mk. 2 which is limited to an overall schematic and some spec sheets for the individual modules.

If you find anything, please do let us know on here.

Cheers and good luck, these are wonderful desks and I have two so I can take my time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffWigglerShop View Post
this is the only calrec info i have from my minimixer MKII. when i sold it i sent all the schematics and docs w/the mixer. there are a couple scans of parts of the schematics.

www.ignatiusmusic.com/Calrecstuff.zip

sorry i don't have more for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MM Mk2 Docs.zip (2.61 MB, 142 views)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search