The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A very English control room dilemma
Old 6th February 2007
Here for the gear

Appreciate all your thoughts. Looks like the camp's divided between romantic types who reckon that it's worth it for the vibe, and the more practical who think it's just going to be a nightmare.

I've always been lucky with my mixing environments and I really can't afford to be dealing with the kind of weird and reflective space this sounds like it's going to be, especially as when I move in I have a whole album to mix.

Think the oast should be left to dry hops, and I should look elsewhere...

Thanks for all your help though fellas.
Old 27th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Appreciate all your thoughts. Looks like the camp's divided between romantic types who reckon that it's worth it for the vibe, and the more practical who think it's just going to be a nightmare.

I've always been lucky with my mixing environments and I really can't afford to be dealing with the kind of weird and reflective space this sounds like it's going to be, especially as when I move in I have a whole album to mix.

Think the oast should be left to dry hops, and I should look elsewhere...

Thanks for all your help though fellas.

Hey english friend.
I think your octagonal idea will be the must.
You just need make some fiber glass or rock wall panels with different thickness and put around from ceiling to floor !
Maybe make an little wood "square place "( Fixed in the brick ) where the monitors will be placed, with wood and some absorptive panels too back and over the monitors. You done
Old 27th February 2007
Gear Addict

put all your **** up vertically, i mean sloping ceiling and antiparalelle room and lots of lenth, ah well, maybe not

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search