The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does Abbey Road still have the REDD.37 and REDD.51 desks? Channel Strip Plugins
Old 31st March 2016
Gear Addict

Does Abbey Road still have the REDD.37 and REDD.51 desks?

Obviously not in use but perhaps in storage? Do these desks still exist? How different would The Beatles of sounded if their tracks were mixed on an SSL G or K or Neve console?
Old 31st March 2016
Lives for gear

No. The REDD.37 and REDD.51 are both sold years ago and have been trading hands throughout auctions. The Abbey 37 was at Lenny Kravitz's and Doug Rogers of East West had a 37. British Grove has a 51 but I don't know its providence. There's a 17 still at Abbey, (probably - may have been sold off) but the 37 and 51 are definitely gone.
Old 1st April 2016
Gear Maniac

You never know what will turn up. Peter Cobbin told me he found the 16 channel TG now used in Studio 2 in some kind of storage area at Hayes, also found a mic cache.
Old 1st April 2016
Gear Addict

I'd be really sad to know that REDD.51 console The Beatles used ended up being recycled or thrown away. It should be in a museum somewhere
Old 1st April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realigion View Post
I'd be really sad to know that REDD.51 console The Beatles used ended up being recycled or thrown away. It should be in a museum somewhere
Disagree. It should be in daily use recording great live bands.
Old 1st April 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoolpool View Post
Disagree. It should be in daily use recording great live bands.

I like that thought better . . I would love to track and mix something down on it
Old 1st April 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramley View Post
You never know what will turn up. Peter Cobbin told me he found the 16 channel TG now used in Studio 2 in some kind of storage area at Hayes, also found a mic cache.
EMI has a big storage unit (probably several) out in Hayes. They got rid of a lot of stuff around 2002..and found some gems apparently!
Old 21st April 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
No. The REDD.37 and REDD.51 are both sold years ago and have been trading hands throughout auctions. The Abbey 37 was at Lenny Kravitz's and Doug Rogers of East West had a 37. British Grove has a 51 but I don't know its providence. There's a 17 still at Abbey, (probably - may have been sold off) but the 37 and 51 are definitely gone.
I'm going to hazard a guess that Abbey Road will hold onto that REDD.17. To the best of my knowledge there are only two other 17s, one was sold by Toe Rag Studios a year or so ago, and the other is in the possession of some nutcake in Kansas City.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search