The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maag EQ4m versus Dangerous BAax Eq
Old 12th March 2016
Lives for gear

Maag EQ4m versus Dangerous BAax Eq

Curious if anyone has tried both and compared them. Both are in the same price range.
THANKS!
Old 13th March 2016
You can demo both and try them out. BAX has great filters and Maag has that sparkled top end. Both good while the BAX I prefer as it is wondeful for mastering
Old 26th March 2016
Lives for gear

I like the low end of the Bax, but the top end is sterile, which is ok, but sometimes I want to add some sweetness on the top end.
Old 27th March 2016
Lives for gear

I have a pair of maags and have tried the bax eq. You can't really compare them as one is more of a broad stroke eq (bax) other one is a bunch of useless fixed points and a nice high end. I really do find the maag to be a one trick pony. The air band is really the only thing I've ever been able to get out of it. The rest of the the stuff there is pretty useless in my opinion since they are fixed frequency and no choices.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search