The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Burl ADC to AES In on AD16x issue Digital Converters
Old 10th March 2016
Burl ADC to AES In on AD16x issue

Hi All, whoops I meant to say AES In to DA16x's.
I have hit a gap in my routing knowledge, and would appreciate some input if possible. I Have picked up a Burl B2 ADC for printing mixes, and tracking certain sources. I have the inputs to the Burl on my patchbay, and the AES outputs coming off of The AES out 1 going into the Apogee DA16x's AES in via dsub. The apogees are in Advanced routing mode. Everything is clocked, I am feeding the Burl via Dangerous 2 bus output and the burl is showing signal, however, my issue is that I have absolutely no idea where to find the incoming aes signal in pt, or how to even rout it in to print. please any feedback is more than welcome. Thanks for looking

-Matt

Last edited by sonicrevolution; 10th March 2016 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: error in title
Old 10th March 2016
Lives for gear

i'm in tools and i just have to assign one of my in pairs to aes... ie i always have my 9-10 input on aes/ebu.. i also have the burl clocking everything.. hope that helps
Old 10th March 2016
Each 16x converter appears as protools as a complete 192 or HD I/O interface (it depends on the firmware version) when in advanced routing mode. So for the DA16x, inputs 1 through 16 are your AES inputs, while outputs 1 through 16 are your analogue outputs. For the AD16x it is the opposite. Inputs 1 through 16 are your analogue channels, while outputs 1 through 16 are your AES.

http://www.advancedaudiorentals.com/...;s%20Guide.pdf
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search