The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Smart or serpent bus duties
Old 10th March 2016
Smart or serpent bus duties

Hello I'm about to pull the trigger on the smart c1la, but I here so many good things on the serpent 4001. Only problem is I can't rent or try a serpent in my area. Anyone with experience with both units? W the serpent being half the price can it sound as good as the smart?
Thanx in advance
Old 10th March 2016
Gear Nut

I tried a Serpent, Smart and Obsidian all at once over the course of a weekend. The serpent was my least favorite, but sounded great. The Smart had that SSL glue I was looking for and sounded huge. In all honesty, the Obsidian beat them both out to my ears. But, the Smart wasn't far behind (loved the Side Chain). If you have or can get the coin, I recommend the Obsidian. But, if not, I still can highly recommend the Smart and you'll be happy either way as all 3 units sounded great!
Old 10th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGarden View Post
I tried a Serpent, Smart and Obsidian all at once over the course of a weekend. The serpent was my least favorite, but sounded great. The Smart had that SSL glue I was looking for and sounded huge. In all honesty, the Obsidian beat them both out to my ears. But, the Smart wasn't far behind. If you have or can get the coin, I recommend the Obsidian. But, if not, I still can highly recommend the Smart and you'll be happy either way as all 3 units sounded great!
Thank you
Old 10th March 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthalion View Post
Thank you
You're very welcome. Good luck with which ever unit you end up with!
Old 10th March 2016
Gear Head

i seen a thread where this was discussed from users, might help, check it out

who tried the Smart research C1LA ??

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search