The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Heritage Audio 2264 JR or other 500 series comp
Old 7th March 2016
Gear Maniac
Heritage Audio 2264 JR or other 500 series comp

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Heritage Audio 2264 JR's.
Anyone compared these to other 2254/2264 clones? Or to the big units like the
Heritage Audio 2264 E? Or even to an original vintage Neve?
I'm looking for compression with a lot of character and color in the 500 world. The Retro Doublewide also seems great. The CAPI FC526, too. Do you have other recommendations for 500 series comps with color?
Thanks guys.
Old 7th March 2016
You can add the AML 54F50 to your list. Do a search here and you'll find a few happy users of it (incl. me). But it doesn't seem anyone's been able to directly A/B them.
Old 7th March 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogun View Post
You can add the AML 54F50 to your list. Do a search here and you'll find a few happy users of it (incl. me). But it doesn't seem anyone's been able to directly A/B them.
Right, the AML. Unfortunately i only have 4 slots free, and i'd like a stereo pair or unit.
Old 8th March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracki View Post
Right, the AML. Unfortunately i only have 4 slots free, and i'd like a stereo pair or unit.
Hear ya' I'm waiting for another 8 slots being delivered here so that I can get a 2nd AML.
Old 9th March 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogun View Post
Hear ya' I'm waiting for another 8 slots being delivered here so that I can get a 2nd AML.
Spoken like a real slut

I've just added the Chandler Little Devil Comp to the list.
I've listened to some soundfiles and the Heritage really sounds great, but maybe a little bit too thick and dark for what i'm looking for. The Doublewide also great, but too much mid-forward for me. And seems to steal some lows.
I'm going to try to get demo-units.
Really would like to hear some soundfiles of the FC526...anyone?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search