The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic pre's with DI for '500' rack list
Old 1st February 2007
Here for the gear

Mic pre's with DI for '500' rack list

Does any one have a list handy that mentions all the Mic Pre's with a DI that is compatible with a lunch box?

Thanks in advance, Oli
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

All of them, really. Just what comes to mind at this moment:

API 512C, BAE 312A, Purple Biz, A-Designs P-1 and entire EM series, Shadow Hills Mono Gamma, and (I think) Buzz Elixir.

Best o' luck...
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus77 View Post
and (I think) Buzz Elixir.
yes the elixir has a DI, and it kicks ass on bass i actually liked it better than the OSA L3 for this application, which a lot of people think is a wonderful bass DI.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

For bass D.I., I like the 512c. Also the Great River, but that's not a 500 form pre. Have ordered a couple BAE 312A and am interested to see how it functions as a bass D.I., as well.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

All 500 series pres come standard with a DI, with the exception of OSA, which is an added feature, except for the L3.....IIRC.

BTW, I dig the A-Designs P1 for bass DI!! Shadow Hills Mono Gama is pretty nice too.
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Check out Eisen Audio. Jens can custom build a 500 pre to your specs, or send you a DIY kit. OSA L3 is nice on bass. It seems to have a controlled high end, which minimizes fret noise, at least compared to a P1 or EM Blue, which are definitely sizzly up top.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search