The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bock 47 or 407 Condenser Microphones
Old 29th February 2016
Gear Addict

Bock 47 or 407

Very interested in some knowledge and any experience with this mic. I am going to have one in studio to test against my Flea 47 with F7 / EF12 . I have heard there are different modifications with an amplifier circuit. Some info on the capsule, the transformer, circuit ? have heard Mr. Bock can tune the mic the way you want, etc. I do not know the mic I will get to test, if it has been around the block, etc. Will try to contact Mr. Bock as well. Much thanks.
Old 1st March 2016
Lives for gear

You will be very impressed. Right now it just might be the best sounding "47 type sound" out there.
And I've used the FleA, the Wunder, the Horch, the 47Fet.
Old 7th March 2016
Gear Addict

I am just so amazed. I have had the Bock new 47 for several days for comparison. Ran it through different pre amps, compressors, vocals and acoustic instruments. It is just that good! I have to say its just that much better, low end, air, Its just bigger, if that means anything. Had the opportunity to work with a multitude of real 47's and the other excellent recreations. It is a great mic and will not be leaving me. Will also get a mod on the power supply for the voltage change. Mr. Bock was very helpful and open with his ideas and design. A wealth of knowledge and experience. Another happy Bock owner!
Old 22nd May 2016
AB3
Lives for gear

I am confused - is there a difference between the Bock 47 and the 407? (I am not referring to the older e47).

THANKS.
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB3 View Post
I am confused - is there a difference between the Bock 47 and the 407? (I am not referring to the older e47).

THANKS.
same deal.
Old 22nd May 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
Will also get a mod on the power supply for the voltage change.
the Voltage mod makes the mic sound a tiny bit more scooped,smiley face.I don't usually use it for vocals.
Old 23rd May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB3 View Post

THANKS.
Same microphone
Old 24th May 2016
Lives for gear

Does David still upgrade E47s to "47/407"? I've got 2 here that I've enjoyed, but if David feels like he comes closer now I might try it.
Old 24th May 2016
Gear Nut

Bock mic updates

I have an older Soundelux 251 that he updated to current Bock standards last year. My mic already sounded great but it sounds even better now! If you have a a Soundelux branded mic, you should definitely contact him to see what he can do for you. I couldn't be happier with the way David stands behind his work.
Old 24th May 2016
Lives for gear

love my 407 (and 251). Haven't had them long, but I'm quickly becoming a Bock fanboi
Old 24th May 2016
Gear Addict

Bock 47

The voltage mod is functional. Looking at the frequency graph it is more from the vintage to the now modern I quess. However the 47 is a great mic, and Mr Bock can repair your mic if needed. I appreciated his time and knowledge. After all mic's are tools, and the vintage trail can become more costly as we all know. His 47 was so good, I picked up a 251 as well. Another great microphone. Functional tools with a good person behind them.
Old 16th September 2016
Hold on--I'm curious about the difference between the Bock 47 and the Bock 407, too. I'm sure they are similar in many ways. But I'm equally sure that they aren't identical. If they were identical, then why two different names and a $2000+ price difference? Is there anyone out there that can speak to their differences and individual virtues? Thanks!
Old 16th September 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattersignal View Post
Hold on--I'm curious about the difference between the Bock 47 and the Bock 407, too. I'm sure they are similar in many ways. But I'm equally sure that they aren't identical. If they were identical, then why two different names and a $2000+ price difference? Is there anyone out there that can speak to their differences and individual virtues? Thanks!
I emailed Bock a week or so ago to clarify this and they confirmed that it is exactly the same microphone. They told me that in 2015 they renamed it from 407 to 47 and dropped the price to reposition it in the marketplace. They also changed their distribution network in such a way that supported the price drop (i.e. they cut out a middleman or something).
Old 16th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwj View Post
I emailed Bock a week or so ago to clarify this and they confirmed that it is exactly the same microphone. They told me that in 2015 they renamed it from 407 to 47 and dropped the price to reposition it in the marketplace. They also changed their distribution network in such a way that supported the price drop (i.e. they cut out a middleman or something).
Fantastic! Thanks for doing the research. I really appreciate it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search