The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Would I be downgrading if a replace a mytek 96AD for Rosetta 800
Old 1st February 2007
Gear Maniac

Would I be downgrading if a replace a mytek 96AD for Rosetta 800

I sold some time ago my mytek stereo 96 ad, and now its time again to buy new converters and Im thinking about the Rosetta 800, but have a doubt if the mytek and the rosetta are at the same level or if the mytek 96 its more at the level of the ad-16x ?

Thanks!
Old 1st February 2007
Lives for gear

Yes, you're downgrading. The ad16x is not at the level of the mytek.
Old 1st February 2007
member no 666

Bull****.

You'll only be "downgrading" in the eyes of the Gearslutz fashion police... in terms of your ears you should be fine... or at least that's my take on it... YMMV.
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Maniac

mm Thanks heh

I just was a little concerned since I liked a lot the stereo mytek but now Im considering a unit with more I/O and the mytek 8 channel its very expensive, so, so far the rosseta is in the price range that Im looking for and wanted to hear some opinions.

Thnks!
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

Seriously, if you can't make a decent sounding recording with Apogee Converters, well that seems to be more of a reflection on your skills as an engineer than the quality of conversion.
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrulesmore View Post
Seriously, if you can't make a decent sounding recording with Apogee Converters, well that seems to be more of a reflection on your skills as an engineer than the quality of conversion.

Old 5th February 2007
fashion police?

Well its more like what you like things sounding like.

Last time I checked each companies converter sounds different

And the desert isle scenario doesn't apply.

Try them out . If you like em cool. otherwise how will you know?

Its not from consensus or product defensive replies thats for f cks sure.
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Maniac

I recently compared the apogee 16adx and the Mytek and I ended up going with the myteks. The sound is night and day, the Apogees are dark and milky and require a lot of eq to brighten them up the Myteks sound very much like the source but they have this slight coldness to them that's a little bothersome. I'm still looking for what I want but what I want is probably the sound of a Prism anyway for what it's worth if you're on a tight budget (can't afford analog tape)and record a lot of rock with live drums the Apogee's would probably work for you but if you like to hear what's really happening then go with the Myteks.
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

What do your ears tell you the answer is?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search