The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Racked Telefunken V72
Old 21st February 2016
Gear Nut

Racked Telefunken V72

Hello, I have a simple question.
According to your criterion, which is the best professional for racked modules vintage?
For example racked V72 with modification to 50-56 db.
I live in Spain.

Some recommendation?

Thank you in your time!

Last edited by SmouseS; 21st February 2016 at 11:27 PM..
Old 21st February 2016
Old 1st March 2016
Gear Nut

Someone more?
If it is possible in Europe.
Old 28th March 2016
Gear Nut

Someone more?
If it is possible in Europe.

Old 28th March 2016
Mro
Gear Head

Wellcome - velvet audio hamburg
custom racking - Vintagecity

You can get in touch with those guys. They're both very helpful and friendly. After corresponding with them and doing some research I decided to rack my modules myself though. It can be done for a fraction of the price, but once you start doing it you'll know what you pay for by ordering a rack from those guys.
For me doing the electronic part was fun and I learned a lot buy the 'locksmith work' is f*****ng hard labour and you need a workshop for that as well.
If you're thinking about a 1U rack for two modules it's not that bad. You can order a 1U empty chassis, drill holes for the modules, switches and connectors. 48V and pad circuits are fairly simple. If you have any basic electronic knowledge you can do them yourself. Schematics are all over the internet. For variable gain you need to experiment a bit with pots with different resistance values. In my experience sometimes less dB is better. Originally all v72's and all v*72 solid state were line amps with 34db amplification. Increasing the amplification too much will affect the overall sound of the modules, especially the tonality of high frequency response not necessarily in a good way. The more you push them up the less headroom they'll have. Maybe with tube modules it can work great. They'll saturate in a cool way etc. My experience is limited to solid state modules only.
Anyway DIY is a fun route to take and you'll learn something along the way.
If you don't have enough time though those two guys are a good option
Old 2nd April 2016
Best is Steffen Müller - Custom Audio Germany:
(Telefunken, SIEMENS, NEVE, SSL, Studer, Sontec... )

- customaudiogermany – we build gear
- https://www.facebook.com/customaudiogermany

-
Attached Thumbnails
Racked Telefunken V72-1622135_533858010068164_1306152035_n.jpg  
Old 3rd April 2016
Lives for gear

+1 for Steffen Müller who is a great guy
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search