The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PMC TB2S+ questions
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Head

PMC TB2S+ questions

Hi guys
This is my first post here after reading alot about PMC monitors. I might be interested in purchasing the TB2S+ passives, because of their reputation and being exactly in my max price range, so next week i'll go listen them at the local dealer and let my hears make the decision. I'm very excited about that

I'm slowly building my project room which is not treated... for now. I'm not a professional, so i want them to be both for my hobby and music enjoyment, a all-in-one. I'm looking for a pair of speaker that are neutral, good image, 3dimentional and at the same time enjoyable with all kinds of music. For what i've been reading, this ones might be the right ticket, so i would like some feedback from experienced users.

I would like to know if any of you owners of the TB2S+, find them suitable for electronic music (techno, Hip-Hop), are they full and energetic?
Also how do you find to be the bass impact with dance music?

Thank you very much, I really appreciate any comment

Toni
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

I have TB-2a's and I absolutely love them. Best monitors I've ever used... but I use mine with a sub.

I couldn't begin to mix without one... I love the speakers, but it sounds like the kind of work you're doing would need a sub too.

I still check everything without the sub, but for those all too important frequencies, you need to have a sub.
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew.sawicki View Post
I have TB-2a's and I absolutely love them. Best monitors I've ever used... but I use mine with a sub.

I couldn't begin to mix without one... I love the speakers, but it sounds like the kind of work you're doing would need a sub too.

I still check everything without the sub, but for those all too important frequencies, you need to have a sub.
Hey Matthew,

What sub are you using? My TB2s-a's should be in any day now. Wasn't planning on getting a sub unless I see (hear) problems down there. Mostly rock and a bit of country for me.

Jeff
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

I'm using a Mackie HRS-120, and I hate it. It is really pretty horrible for bass intense applications, but probably would be adequate for rock and country. I do a LOT of hiphop, and bass in the name of the game, so I'm constantly looking for more power out of my sub, it just bottoms out too early IMO.

I would recommend something different.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search