The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Here are some soundclips of the lawson l47- u need to hear this
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

Here are some soundclips of the lawson l47- u need to hear this

Im buying a newmic. have been speaking to mrs gene lawson and she has put some soundclips of the lawson l47 on the lawson website for me to hear. I heard it and was in love. Ive posted the link below. Dont forget to listen the link of to the radio anouncers testing it against a u87 and a seinheiser (links called- voice over zimmersmith). its just an amazing, amazing mic. The mic has balls! It might be the best microphone ever.

http://www.lawsonmicrophones.com/soundfiles.html

the only problem is i put in an offer on a u87 on ebay and was accepted so now i have to tell the poor guy i dont want it anymore. What can i do i hate doing it to him he seems like a real nice guy. ill have to write him a long apologetic mail. but i dont care about negative feedback after hearing this. Tell me what u think.

many blessings

Bendecido
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Nut

wow. that really does sound amazing. thanks for the link.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

i just wanted to post it cus i know how hard the search for a mic is. But if people hear this before buying it might make it alot easier. It really shows you how it sound when you hear it on its own. This is the most ballsy punchy mic ive ever heard. did you hear it next to the u87. all i can say this mic smokes every other mic i have heard and ive heard a few.
Now the question is which preamp would best suit it for sum punchy rap vocals. Im thinking either the great river or api. Tell me what u expert engineers out there think. after hearing it tho im thinking itll sound good even through a 70$ behringer.

blessings
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

more props for the l47... it's my favorite mic that I have used in a long time...

Right now I got a buddy singing with it through a summit mpe-200/// Absolutely awesome
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

heh stike
yay Lawsons!
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendecido View Post
the only problem is i put in an offer on a u87 on ebay and was accepted so now i have to tell the poor guy i dont want it anymore. What can i do i hate doing it to him he seems like a real nice guy. ill have to write him a long apologetic mail. but i dont care about negative feedback after hearing this. Tell me what u think.
Perhaps offer to pay the guy's listing/final value fees, if you don't want to buy/resell.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Nut

It IS a great mic. I would add that my Peluso 2247LE likewise smoked a U87 on a vocal session here a few days ago.
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Et cum Spirit tu tuo

This is one of those "in the spirit of the U47" mics; should be no surprise that it smokes a U87 - and some others.

Congrats; I lust after this one myself.
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Wow! Who is that Doyle Dykes guy??? Great guitar work!

I must say that I wasn't to thrilled with the sound of the piano. Sounded like a Yamaha. Together with the Lawson it was a bit too bright (my taste) for the classical and "Here's that Rainy Day" part. It worked well for the boogie Woogie thing.
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendecido View Post
Perhaps offer to pay the guy's listing/final value fees, if you don't want to buy/resell.
I would say that you should try this approach, and if it doesn't work, you should be willing to pay some kind of penalty as well, say $50, and if that doesn't work you should just pay for the U87 like you agreed to do, because you made a deal and you ought to honor it, Lawson L47 or not, negative feedback or not. You can turn the U87 over in the matter of a week or two and will have done the right thing.
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

i spoke to the guy and he was very understanding. im buying a great river off him next week so its all good. I also gave him 50 to recoup the time i wasted. He was a really nice guy. i normally honour all my commitments. my word is my bond but luckily this time the guy was understandin g and understood this was a one off.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search