The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Routing Help - Burl B32 with Antelope Orion Studio Audio Interfaces
Old 5th February 2016
Routing Help - Burl B32 with Antelope Orion Studio

So it's upgrade time, and i've sold off my old Liquid Saffire 56 and want to replace it with the Antelope Orion Studio - whose conversion specs look banging. Before we go on, I have to state that i'm in India - making listening tests impossible for me.

Now I also want to set up a simple analogue summing chain here. I was looking at the Satori but it honestly is not impressing me too much. At a similar price point I noticed there was the Burl B32 - no brainer right? Also both these units are available in India at a not-overly-inflated price! wooohoooo!

My only problem now before I pick these pieces up, is how I would go about routing this setup. Primarily, how would you monitor using these two pieces? Not all of my tracks will require summing, and so i'd imagine i'd want to be able to monitor through both the Burl (so i could mix "through" it), whereas sometimes I may want to just mix directly via the Orion Studio, which also has pretty lovely looking DA specs - said to be the same as those on the Pure2.

How would I set this up? Would you just route the Burl's outputs to a pair of inputs of the Orion and monitor via software? Would there be any disadvantages going this route? If so, what are my other options here? The burl is all analoge, so either i'd need an additional ADC or..? I've been trying to work this out for a few days now, but I think I need some help from the pros. Cheers in advance!

PS I Have a pair of Yamaha HS80s that are about to be complimented by a set of Focal Trio 6Bes or the SM9s. So there's gonna be two sets of monitors to handle here, but i'd like to have both receiving the same material so that I can AB my mixes from two reference points.
Old 5th February 2016
Would I need a monitor controller? Ideally i'd like to just use the Orion Studio as my main monitor controller. Any ideas about latency from routing the Orion's outputs, through the burl and back into the orion?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search