The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Heritage MCM-8 -- any users?
Old 17th April 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Mine is silent.
That's cool. I didn't have the same luck as you with MK1. Lucky for me, MK2 is fantastic.
Old 17th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospect View Post
I went through two MK1's. It had nothing to do with gain staging. The noise comes from the line amplifier in the master section. I tested this with all the individual channels in the off position and still had a persistent noise floor in the master bus higher than all my other gear (including the cheap stuff).

Problem solved with MK2's lower noise floor. MK2 is wonderful.
Ditto. Have an MCM-20.4 and has noise in the master section. Not an issue if you keep your levels hot. But mix stuff that's like -10dBV or more and you'll hear it.

Already got two switches on it that are getting scratchy after less than 6 months.
Old 10th January 2019
I have one, love it. Slowly filling this one with Heritage 1073 pres and eqs. Am considering a second unit for APIs, they can daisy chain with the alt input.

Perfect, no issues so far...
Old 29th January 2019
I have one for sale. MK1.

To be honest, mine doesn't have any noise issues. I just thought the gain staging was weird. Also, I have an SSL sigma, so I really don't need mine anymore.
Old 5th March 2019
Lives for gear

I’m looking for one of these but it seems awefully strange not to offer a mod or some type of fix if you’ve bought a mki no?
I’ve found a mki I can actually afford but do not want noise issues after fighting them elsewhere

Has anyone contacted heritage?
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
I’m looking for one of these but it seems awefully strange not to offer a mod or some type of fix if you’ve bought a mki no?
I’ve found a mki I can actually afford but do not want noise issues after fighting them elsewhere

Has anyone contacted heritage?
I didn't contact them about the noise issue. But I did contact them about the switch issue. Insert switches all went bad in about 6 months time. They suggested I clean the switches. I cleaned them. Helped for about a month and now the problem is back. Kind of interesting they didn't seem alarmed that a 6 month old unit had scratchy switches(something that typically happens after a decade or two) already. Apparently there are other users who experienced this same issue. Word has it they got a bad lot of switches. In each case the distributor(like Sweetwater for example) had to take it up with Heritage as they were unresponsive to the consumer.

So long story short, MK1 units had noise issue and switch issues. And it looks like they're trying to sweep the problem under the carpet rather than supporting their customers.
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen View Post
I didn't contact them about the noise issue. But I did contact them about the switch issue. Insert switches all went bad in about 6 months time. They suggested I clean the switches. I cleaned them. Helped for about a month and now the problem is back. Kind of interesting they didn't seem alarmed that a 6 month old unit had scratchy switches(something that typically happens after a decade or two) already. Apparently there are other users who experienced this same issue. Word has it they got a bad lot of switches. In each case the distributor(like Sweetwater for example) had to take it up with Heritage as they were unresponsive to the consumer.

So long story short, MK1 units had noise issue and switch issues. And it looks like they're trying to sweep the problem under the carpet rather than supporting their customers.
I had a MCM 32 it sounded good but the build quality was not really good. The features were great, 32 channels bussing, Mixbuss Insert, Fader, Pan, etc.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot View Post
I had a MCM 32 it sounded good but the build quality was not really good. The features were great, 32 channels bussing, Mixbuss Insert, Fader, Pan, etc.
Yeah, it sounds good. Just those damned switches and the support. Has to be taken into consideration if I ever consider another one of their products.

Well, that noise issues limits its usefulness too. My drum machine puts out like -10dBV level and if I record everything at that level to match the drums the hiss becomes obvious and annoying.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen View Post
Yeah, it sounds good. Just those damned switches and the support. Has to be taken into consideration if I ever consider another one of their products.

Well, that noise issues limits its usefulness too. My drum machine puts out like -10dBV level and if I record everything at that level to match the drums the hiss becomes obvious and annoying.
Yes the switches felt very cheap I can see them failing after a few serious mix sessions. I didn’t hear a noise issue with mine. I don’t have it anymore and if I were to buy a Summing mixer again it would be the Mix 690 I just don’t need one anymore. I’m very happy with my current mix set ups.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search