The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Sigma with a stuck Meter [email protected]??? Summing Mixers
Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

SSL Sigma with a stuck Meter [email protected]???

I have been on the the ssl website and thru the FAQ. There really isn't much of a section dedicated to the Sigma.
I have a stuck meter. Its full on pegging even though there is no signal being sent to it. The only way i can get it to go away is to switch the channel to mono and pan it right.. (the left meter is stuck)

Outside of that the meter is just stuck on. Ive tried resetting the device. Flashing firmware. Running audio thru the channel. Nothing.
Just always lit. Which is annoying because is see it out of the corner of my eye and always think somethings is peaking hard.. and stop and look.

Any sigma owners seen this behavior?
Old 2nd February 2016
Solid State Logic

Sounds supremely weird. Only full scale noise on all L buses, A B and monitor or just one of the buses?
Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

Just channel 15..Right side only. Doesn't matter if i switch it to A or B buss. Its not effecting the buss meter. Audio seems to pass thru accordingly.

Didn't think it effected the audio at first but it seems it does. The right side is distorted which is the side that the meter is pegged. Mono seems to fix it but that removed it from the right channel as far as i can tell. So would make sense.

Last edited by HoPMiX; 3rd February 2016 at 06:47 AM..
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

here is an image of the stuck meter..
Attached Thumbnails
SSL Sigma with a stuck Meter jim@ssl???-img_2860.jpg  

Last edited by HoPMiX; 3rd February 2016 at 06:47 AM..
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

here is a video...

Sigma is BUGGIN

I have tried to find a tech sup[port number to call states side and see if I can get this addressed. There doesn't seem to be anything related to sigma on the website...

If you could help steer me or maybe send this to a tech and get an opinion that would be great.
Old 3rd February 2016
Solid State Logic

PM'ed you
Old 4th February 2016
Gear Nut
Did you disconnect cable (db25) from the Sigma?
Old 4th February 2016
Gear Head
You absolutely wanna unplug the DB25s from the back and make sure you don't have a short somewhere in your cables, or their connection to the Sigma. The pin for that stuck channel is right near the edge of that connector so if it were loose, that would be the first place it could short.

Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Yeah actually, this issue started without anything plugged into it all. I was only using the 1-8 stereo channels. I connected audio to 9-16 only to test.
If i unplugged everything except the ethernet cable, the problem persist.

Again its not sending any audio thru to the mix buss unless I send it a signal.
The meter is pegged whether audio is hitting it or not.
The audio i do send thru it, the right channel is distorted. Left is fine. Which would make sense.
Old 4th February 2016
Gear Nut
Send it ssl. Hopefully it's still under warranty. Their customer service is excellent.
Old 4th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovin2 View Post
Send it ssl. Hopefully it's still under warranty. Their customer service is excellent.
Sending back to UK for repair

Last edited by HoPMiX; 5th February 2016 at 05:33 AM..
Old 4th February 2016
Gear Nut
If the original owner has the receipt, they can go thru the reseller and have it repaired on your behalf. Then send it back to you.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search