The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IZ RADAR ADA I vs ADA II Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 1st February 2016
Gear Maniac

IZ RADAR ADA I vs ADA II

Hi Guys
Just looking at upgrading my RADAR 24 system and was looking at some options.
Is there anyone out there using the older ADA I converters? Is there any disadvantage to having the ADA I over the ADA II apart from less warrantee time?
Im trying for a budget way to upgrade so just checking my options.
Thanks
Old 1st February 2016
Gear Nut

Hi Monkeymarc,

Both the ADA I and ADA II systems are widely used. While ADA I and ADA II are quite similar, there are a few differences. ADA II has a larger touchscreen, newer software, newer and more reliable hardware, and supports the iZ AES multichannel digital I/O card.

Please get in touch with the iZ dealer in your area for pricing. Dealers | iZ Technology

Any users of ADA I and ADA II, please feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
Old 2nd February 2016
I can't tell you anything about the differences between the ADA I and II, but I did the same upgrade you're talking about. When I did it, I kept my RADAR Nyquist converters and put them in the ADA II that I bought without converters.

If you've been using your RADAR only as a front end for ProTools, you'll be very happy with an ADA.
Old 26th February 2016
Gear Maniac

ada

Thanks for your replies guys. Ive been in contact now with Iz and am currently thinking about my options.
Marc
Old 24th September 2017
Here for the gear

IZ Converters just work. One of my best purchases.
My unit was an ADA mk1 with 16 I/o Classic cards installed. I bought an SSL MADI card to pair up but had hardware issues so I replaced it with an RME HDSPe card and link it up via MADI.
Flawless.

The gripe I had was the units fan noise was unbearable.
But since I had a hardware upgrade to 24 I/o its possible to also have the fan swapped out for a much quieter one. Which a technician did for me.

Now the unit sits in with my studio gear about knee heigh to the right of me in an Unterlass Duo key 60 desk and the noise is no louder than my Mac Pro which is under the desk by my feet.

I ran the ADA with an Orion 32 but sold the Orion after the ADA I/o upgrade.

In summary iZ corp make a few products and very well. With first class customer support no need to browse forums. Simply give them a call.
They will have you up and running in no time.

Well worth my hard earned money.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search