The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Electronaut M63 or other Tube Pre?
Old 13th September 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Is the sound phat?
Yes Sir, the sound is fantastic. I think you will really enjoy it. Mr. Roy is pure class besides..thumbsup
Old 21st September 2010
Gear Head

I took Rob Roy up on the offer to visit today. Nice shop and nicer guy. And yes, he will talk with passion about his design. I learned a lot in the hour I was there. M63 up close is a work of art and as soon as I can set up a session to demo it, I will. edbro
Old 29th September 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I took Rob Roy up on the offer to visit today. Nice shop and nicer guy. And yes, he will talk with passion about his design. I learned a lot in the hour I was there. M63 up close is a work of art and as soon as I can set up a session to demo it, I will. edbro
I totally agree, a work of art but certainly one built to last. I visited and demoed one in February, and the M63 is on my short list.

Jason
Old 26th October 2010
Lives for gear

Using an M63 on our current Weathervane Shaking Through session. We also used one about a year ago. This is a very very unique preamp. A little tricky gain-staging, at least on the demo unit we are using from Ecstatic Electric, but it is very worth the patience. Sounds like nothing else we've used. I truly love this pre. It is very different from, but certainly on the level of the DW Fearn VT2, no doubt about it.
Old 6th October 2012
Lives for gear

We recently did a video on the M63 - check it out.

GC Pro Presents The Top Shelf - Electronaut M63 - YouTube

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search