The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lexicon 80 vs. 90
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Addict

Lexicon 80 vs. 90

I have the fortune of a producer colleague of mine parking some of his gear at my place. I'm on the quest for checking out some new (or I should say, new to me) reverb flavors, such as the Ursa Major's, R-880, Lexicon 200, etc. He has Lexicon 70's, 80's, and 90's. I've used the 70's over the years, but wondering what the differences are with the 80 and 90. Likes, dislikes, advantages? I'd love to know your thoughts...

Thanks!
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I have the fortune of a producer colleague of mine parking some of his gear at my place. I'm on the quest for checking out some new (or I should say, new to me) reverb flavors, such as the Ursa Major's, R-880, Lexicon 200, etc. He has Lexicon 70's, 80's, and 90's. I've used the 70's over the years, but wondering what the differences are with the 80 and 90. Likes, dislikes, advantages? I'd love to know your thoughts...

Thanks!
The 90 is straight reverbs as far as I can remember. The 80 is more effecty. Neither has digital i/o. You'll need to go to the 81/91 for that.
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Actually they do have Digital I/O but as Spdif, whereas the 81/91 offer it as Aes/Ebu connections.
The pcm80 is a multi effect , the 90 is strictly reverb. There is a bunch of optional cards (5 of them) sold separatly to increase your number of your pcm80's banks. Two of them: the pitch and dual fx card are factory built in the 81. The optional Dual reverb card available for the pcm90 was eventually factory built in the 91.
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Addict

Thanks for the info... will the PCM 80 cards work in the 90? I notice that he has several for the 80...
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Not sure why the 90/91 would be looked at as 'verb only though. All the verb shells have at least one pair (others two or three) of delay lines, some pre and post diffusion, feedback and modulation is there. It misses the dedicated/separate routing, pans and filters and other toys of the 80.
No dedicated pans might be a deal killer for delay line duties though...

http://www.lexiconpro.com/Product_Do...Guide_Rev1.pdf
Block/flow diagrams page 3-3 or so.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search