The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Chandler Zener shipping?
Old 25th February 2007
  #61
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Limit mode/sidechain is the **** on drums thumbsup

I just started playing w/it on the 2 buss..the sidechain is way cool
Old 25th February 2007
  #62
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Its way cool on the mix buss.
like the TG1,a little goes a looong way.
but this box is definitely more flexible/ more fun than the original.
much less the one trick pony now..the selectable freq sidechain is gonna come in very handy
Just running a mix throught the THD mode is fabulous analog thickener w/out f*cking with the dynamicsthumbsup
been a/b'ing w/ my Shadow Hills,a Neve 33609,Phoenix,Smart C2,linked CL1-B's..
whole lotta nice color and glue on the Zener..a great addition.
Although the SH is still seriously the sickest King Daddy of all my mix buss comps.
Old 25th February 2007
  #63
Lives for gear
 
Mastering101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
No limit mode?

i will ..im gonna do more shortly..i'll get more out of it..
Old 25th February 2007
  #64
Lives for gear
 
Mastering101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Limit mode/sidechain is the **** on drums thumbsup

I just started playing w/it on the 2 buss..the sidechain is way cool
I was playing with the side chain last night..that is really cool...it lets the fat flow through...really useful in some applications
Old 25th February 2007
  #65
Gear Maniac
 
ethan_c's Avatar
 

effectnut,

Thanks for the clips! Comp1 sounds very much like the TG-1. Comp2 seems a little less agressive but very nice as well. I'll guess the Recovery was set to 1 or 2??

Thanks for sharing!
Old 25th February 2007
  #66
Lives for gear
 
Mastering101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan_c View Post
effectnut,

Thanks for the clips! Comp1 sounds very much like the TG-1. Comp2 seems a little less agressive but very nice as well. I'll guess the Recovery was set to 1 or 2??

Thanks for sharing!
yeah pretty quick
Old 26th February 2007
  #67
Lives for gear
 
Mastering101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
No limit mode?
i put up limit mode on that post
Old 26th February 2007
  #68
Lives for gear
 
Ben F's Avatar
Wow, that sounds nice! Bit of crunch and punchy as well.
Old 26th February 2007
  #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by effectsnut View Post
i put up limit mode on that post
I see you've found the magic of 90hz on the HPF.

I've found that to be my favorite on everything.
Old 26th February 2007
  #70
Deleted bd1be4f
Guest
For TG1 owners, how does the Zener differ in terms of the sound? What might you choose to use the Zener on instead of the TG1?
Old 26th February 2007
  #71
Gear Guru
 
u b k's Avatar
 

respectfully, those drums sound a bit BFD-ish and to my ears don't really show what this piece is capable of. the fatter the source the fatter the zener makes it, and it gets way fatter than this and has more character than the clips reveal.


gregoire
del
ubk
.
Old 26th February 2007
  #72
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy2854 View Post
For TG1 owners, how does the Zener differ in terms of the sound? What might you choose to use the Zener on instead of the TG1?

It's the same vibe w/ more flexibility..
given the new features[HP sidechain,etc]For mixbuss alone I would choose the Zener over the TG-1..
I've had a TG-1 on loan on/off for the past couple years,but never pulled the trigger..
..glad I waited
Old 26th February 2007
  #73
Deleted bd1be4f
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
It's the same vibe w/ more flexibility..
given the new features[HP sidechain,etc]For mixbuss alone I would choose the Zener over the TG-1..
I've had a TG-1 on loan on/off for the past couple years,but never pulled the trigger..
..glad I waited
Hmm, wonder if Chandler might offer a trade-in program, then...heh
Old 26th February 2007
  #74
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy2854 View Post
Hmm, wonder if Chandler might offer a trade-in program, then...heh
That would be nice: CUP
Chandler Upgrade Plan
that reminds me to send in my TG channels for a MK2 upgraumbsup
Old 26th February 2007
  #75
Lives for gear
 
Mastering101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
respectfully, those drums sound a bit BFD-ish and to my ears don't really show what this piece is capable of. the fatter the source the fatter the zener makes it, and it gets way fatter than this and has more character than the clips reveal.


gregoire
del
ubk
.
im sure your right..ive only had 2 days with it so far..it gets better trust me..im just getting a feel for the unit
Old 18th March 2007
  #76
Lives for gear
 
Mastering101's Avatar
hey my Bender is in the mail ..i'll have it thursday..i cant wait to get my hands on it.i want to compare it to my Massive Passive and IBIS for color...i know it wont be as agressive as my tone control's but i know it will sound different then any other eq....
Old 2nd April 2007
  #77
Lives for gear
 
Matt Grondin's Avatar
 

Yeah, just ordered my Zener. Can't wait to hear it. I'm thinking one side for mono drum room mic and the other for lead vox at mixdown. That should be a good starting point
Old 2nd April 2007
  #78
Or you could print those while tracking and mix through it.
Old 2nd April 2007
  #79
Gear Guru
 
RoundBadge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby12 View Post
Yeah, just ordered my Zener. Can't wait to hear it. I'm thinking one side for mono drum room mic and the other for lead vox at mixdown. That should be a good starting point
thumbsup
Old 3rd April 2007
  #80
Lives for gear
 
Matt Grondin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Or you could print those while tracking and mix through it.
I'm just referring specifically to this album I'm producing right now that's already been recorded. I don't run a commercial studio and I only take on projects when I feel it's the right music and the right time for me. Next time I track though, you can bet the Zener will see some use.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump