The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
eclipse eventide bass response
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

eclipse eventide bass response

Hi. I am searching for a "really" good effects processor for my bass rig. I just cant find on the web anything better for that purpose than an eventide eclipse . I know that it works awesome on guitars. But what about its low end response? I own a tc gforce (the holy grail of guitar effects, for me) wich i use in my guitar rig .
I tried that on my bass rig, and its low end sucked sooooo hard...

( I live at Portugal. If you wanna try it, buy it.)

Oh, i just discovered some lexicon units out there.... are they "high-ender" than eventide?

I know that this post is vague, but I realy could need a hand....
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Forget it... ill go for a ksp8.
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

dont do that
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Hi.. Im pretty sure that an eventide 8000 series can blow away a ksp8. But first of all, I dont need 8 chanels (it will be in a bass rig. 4 chanels MAX ). And Im not sure if the eclipse can do better than a ksp8.

What do i mean by better? Good converters, and good algorithms. And in this case, rock solid bass response.

Last edited by nandoanalog; 28th January 2007 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: my english sucks...
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandoanalog View Post
Hi.. Im pretty sure that an eventide 8000 series can blow away a ksp8. But first of all, I dont need 8 chanels (it will be in a bass rig. 4 chanels MAX ). And Im not sure if the eclipse can do better than a ksp8.

What do i mean by better? Good converters, and good algorithms. And in this case, rock solid bass response.
i have an eclipse and h8000 i use them for 6 string guitar and i love the quality.
i never use effects on bass so i cant comment. i dont think you'll be unhappy either way...i heard the reverb on the ksp8 is nice..reverb on the eventides are
dark and kind of cold....i would like to get a ksp8 myself but im really stacked for effects now...either way the converters and algo's on both units are good..
its all about what you want to spend..
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

WOOOOOOOOOOW

I just got h8000 and ksp8 compared... H8000 sounds SO FUC*ING HUGE !!! KSP8 sounds like a toy netx to h8000.... Jeeeeeesus !!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search