The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sintefex cx2000
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Guru

Sintefex cx2000

Im just interested if these modeling compressors like CX2000 get close to the real thing ? Does anyone own one ?, i have been reading about them and they seem pretty neat, they have been out a while.
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

I had one I just sold it on ebay today. I loved it but I just had too many outboard comps.
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Guru

Thanks, i heard these units are rare, hard to find ....
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Guru

I have heard nothing but thumbs up on these units in the past threads, they must be some more stulzs out there that are using one or have used one. Please give me your thoughts.
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaza View Post
I have heard nothing but thumbs up on these units in the past threads, they must be some more stulzs out there that are using one or have used one. Please give me your thoughts.
I've used the multichannel version. It's awesome (only emulation that's really often indistinguishable), but pricey. It's an extremely powerful bit of kit.
Old 25th January 2007
Gear Guru

Im excited, i got the cx2000 for 1600.00 and it will be here on Thursday. There ia not a lot of people using them because of the price i guess !!!!
Old 25th January 2007
I like the Sintefex products. I don't say that they replace the originals, but they sound good, are recognizable to the things they sample, and are very versatile. Some of the same technology is in the liquid mix, but instead of 32 instances on one Sharc like liquid, it's one instance on something like 9 or 10 Sharcs in Sintefex. I know chips get more powerful, but there must be some shortcut in Liquid mix to spread the DSP resources so thin. Some report mild zipper noise as it switches between samples, whereas that does not happen in the Sintefex units. The CX2000 doesn't offer EQ samples (but does have 3 band digital EQ that you can place pre, post, or sidechain), and is made to be a compressor. It has limited memory compared to the FX2000 and FX8000 as well, but you can download a computer editor for it that gives you access to all the other compressor samples when connected to a PC via the USB interface.
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Guru

I got my unit yesterday, all i can say i WOW....why did i not have this a long time ago ?, tons of compression , Fairchild, SSL, Vari Mu, CLB-1 , too much to choose from, i like having to much tho, these units are worth the cash you put in them. Im selling my other compressors... this ones stays...... Yikes I love the Sintefex cx2000

ps: i have not tried all the compressors yet, but i have plenty that i like for right now, i will get around to it soon
Old 22nd September 2009
Yes sintefex cx2000 knocks liquidmix,UAD,anyplugin,at being a fantastic buss compressor.As well as 1176/fairchild knockoff for vocals,bass,guitar...I use it like brushing teeth on every mix. I own all the aformentioned gear + a passive tube comp/eq(sebatron veqc-2000) On the cx2000 you can set a lower ratio than the UA 1176 and get a very fat(rock) mix still retaining transients. Fairchild,Neve all viddy cool with quite different sounds(sans eq).... I know many peeps want to knock the sintefex thing but for buss,drums,vocals,ect,etc,mastering it just works.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search