The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Repairing dirty pots on a ramsa wr s840
Old 23rd January 2007
Here for the gear

Repairing dirty pots on a ramsa wr s840

I need some info on parts/service on a RAMSA wr s840 FOH mixing console. I am a soundman at a community college Fine Arts Department in Florida. Our FOH Yamaha PM 1800 board is getting a bit long-in-the-tooth and without the funds to replace it were looking at restoring a RAMSA wr s840 that weve had lying around for a while in a roadcase. After sending 2 of the I/O's out to a RAMSA certified service center (one of only 5 that I've found in the world) and recieving them back with only the pots serviced and no other problems addressed (i.e. there are a few pre/post buttons that no longer work among other issues) it seems that they werent equipped to properly test out the modules at their center. Also the cost was more that we have to spend if all the modules were sent in a similar fashion. For these reasons we have decided to take on the job ourselves or find another service center. I am looking for advice /insight /nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind to help us locate parts or service centers or anything you have to impart about our plan of action. We have the time and the know-how to do the job, but if there is a more cost-effective solution obviously that would be preferable.
Paul McKee
Old 24th January 2007
Gear Nut

Where are you in Florida?

Jack
Old 24th January 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

That reminds me of sending an 840 off for service at Panasonic, and when it was returned, the pots and faders had been lubed with WD-40!

I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search