The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kii Three-Have you heard them?
Old 30th May 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTUS View Post
That is very well thought out. I am certainly just starting out and just plan on mixing. I am 25 and I live in Spain, which is pretty ****ed up economically. I don't really have high hopes on me making a living as a mixing guy, but time will tell, in the meantime I will just enjoy the ride.
God bless your youth and that you’re already developed to appreciate Kii. I usually hit 3 mixes a day, so I generally advise to mix as much as your time allows... and at your age, I think you’re well ahead of your peers already with Kiis on your side.

It’s going to work out.. you’ll get out in terms of result to how much effort you put in with this field.
Old 30th May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDrugLord View Post
God bless your youth and that you’re already developed to appreciate Kii. I usually hit 3 mixes a day, so I generally advise to mix as much as your time allows... and at your age, I think you’re well ahead of your peers already with Kiis on your side.

It’s going to work out.. you’ll get out in terms of result to how much effort you put in with this field.
Thank you man, sometimes I lack the strength to keep on moving on because I struggle thinking of ways to get myself out as a mixing service. Plus I don't have a place setup per se, so it just becomes this mental block of not wanting to show up to the world until things are ready to be showed.

Thanks for your support, sincerely.

God bless
Old 3rd June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDrugLord View Post
Read the High-End GS rules:

High-End Forum Guidelines - UPDATED!

I've reported you for violation of the High-End section and tossed you in my ignore list. Thank you to the other GS member that also flagged this user.
Hey,

can we keep the audiophile discussion off this thread pls?

This is not really a high end discussion - someone has clarified with the makers of the speakers that things don't work as you feel they do, there's nothing more to be said really.

And we've been through the "but I just hear it!" discussion a million times. Let's not derail this thread further.

Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Hey,

This is not really a high end discussion - someone has clarified with the makers of the speakers that things don't work as you feel they do, there's nothing more to be said really.

And we've been through the "but I just hear it!" discussion a million times. Let's not derail this thread further.

Thanks.
This audiophile discussion is pretty much over for a few days now. I’m not going to carry it further.

Kiis were marketed as audiophile speakers first, this is a fact and why the Audiophile subject came up.

Studio use is the secondary market for the Kii Three system.

Last edited by DigitalDrugLord; 3rd June 2020 at 02:01 PM..
Old 6th June 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Hey,

Thanks.
I don't understand why you have to tell us what to talk about when our posts are full of information that could be useful to a lot of people.

And the conversation ended many days ago. We actually tried to talk to each other instead of just insulting each other like many other people did to DDL.

But whatever...

(oh I see you are a moderator, with great banning power, comes great banning responsibility)
Old 6th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by POTUS View Post
I don't understand why you have to tell us what to talk about when our posts are full of information that could be useful to a lot of people.

And the conversation ended many days ago. We actually tried to talk to each other instead of just insulting each other like many other people did to DDL.

But whatever...

(oh I see you are a moderator, with great banning power, comes great banning responsibility)
Yes as a mod, part of my job is keeping threads on topic! The discussion is fine just on its own thread.

But yes I may have been slightly late to the party in this instance.
Old 17th July 2020
Gear Addict

OK.... pursuant to my last posting a few weeks back, I have figured out the problem I was having with my Trinnov analyzing and making adjustments with my Kii 3 BXT system.

It turns out that my Trinnov analysis mic was broken. I've since replaced that mic and have easily and properly used the Trinnov with the BXT's. It was just an odd occurrence that the mic failed at the same time I was in the process of installing the BXT's.

So the BXT's are now totally integrated into my daily working procedures and I'm a happy camper. It's a joy to have these. Of course, it was a joy to have the Kii 3's by themselves also.

I've been hearing (thru various back channels) from several other Kii owners and those considering them. Seems like there is a bit of a Kii upswell occurring.

Old 17th July 2020
Gear Addict

BTW, here was my solution to getting the BXT's up to a proper ear height.

Attached Thumbnails
Kii Three-Have you heard them?-single-kii-3-bxt.jpg  
Old 18th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Weaver View Post
OK.... pursuant to my last posting a few weeks back, I have figured out the problem I was having with my Trinnov analyzing and making adjustments with my Kii 3 BXT system.

It turns out that my Trinnov analysis mic was broken. I've since replaced that mic and have easily and properly used the Trinnov with the BXT's. It was just an odd occurrence that the mic failed at the same time I was in the process of installing the BXT's.

So the BXT's are now totally integrated into my daily working procedures and I'm a happy camper. It's a joy to have these. Of course, it was a joy to have the Kii 3's by themselves also.

I've been hearing (thru various back channels) from several other Kii owners and those considering them. Seems like there is a bit of a Kii upswell occurring.

Nice to hear you got it fixed. Enjoy!
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear
Finally pulled the trigger. Having a bit better understanding about things in general (esp. Kii settings, my room, etc), the second time to set them up yielded even better results.

Feels great to not be thinking about my monitoring situation any more.

Cheers to the contributors in the thread as I've generally found the overall, more commonly held opinions to be right on the money.
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Head

After working with Audiolense Room Correction software, I now have in room flat response 10-20000hz (yes, from 10 hz) and perfect timing of the drivers. Extremely clear and revealing.
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog View Post
After working with Audiolense Room Correction software, I now have in room flat response 10-20000hz (yes, from 10 hz) and perfect timing of the drivers. Extremely clear and revealing.
I'm not familiar with this software. Can you tell us a little about it and how you used it?

Thanks

Old 7th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Weaver View Post
I'm not familiar with this software. Can you tell us a little about it and how you used it?

Thanks

It's digital room correction software. There are a few versions. The highest end one does frequency, impulse correction, etc. juicehifi.com.
The Kii in my room go down to 10 hz, but there are room nodes.With the Kii, I can get perfectly flat response.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

I wouldn’t go for a flat ‘in-room’ response for just casual listening, the 10dB 20Hz-20kHz is usually preferred.
Keith
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by puriteaudio View Post
I wouldn’t go for a flat ‘in-room’ response for just casual listening, the 10dB 20Hz-20kHz is usually preferred.
Keith
That sounds dull to me. I have curve with a -3db slope from 4000 hz to 20Khz which is what I usually listen to.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
That sounds dull to me. I have curve with a -3db slope from 4000 hz to 20Khz which is what I usually listen to.
Are you sure you don’t mean 40Hz and not 4kHz?

In the domestic audio world they speak nonsense numbers like -10 dB. They don’t realize their deafness but it makes good (stupid) marketing.

Then again, dude who calibrated to flat at 10hz is a massive tool. If that was accomplished, no one could hear in the 10Hz range usefully.

This is a classic case of telling the posers from those who work in audio (and know it.) The slimy salesman show their skin once again.
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Are you sure you don’t mean 40Hz and not 4kHz?

In the domestic audio world they speak nonsense numbers like -10 dB. They don’t realize their deafness but it makes good (stupid) marketing.

Then again, dude who calibrated to flat at 10hz is a massive tool. If that was accomplished, no one could hear in the 10Hz range usefully.

This is a classic case of telling the posers from those who work in audio (and know it.) The slimy salesman show their skin once again.
No, I mean 4Khz. What's wrong with that? That sounds better to me than a slope starting at 20hz. It's my hearing, not yours.

What YOUR remark actually is: a classic case of people who exist on forums just so they can ignorantly put others down. No one claimed they could hear the 10hz. It was just a remark showing what can be accomplished/exist.Why jump to conclusions ans rush to insult a person you don't know? I suggest you improve your reading comprehension skills so you can actually understand what's written on the page.

When you want to find a massive tool, look in the mirror.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, I mean 4Khz. What's wrong with that? That sounds better to me than a slope starting at 20hz. It's my hearing, not yours.

What YOUR remark actually is: a classic case of people who exist on forums just so they can ignorantly put others down. No one claimed they could hear the 10hz. It was just a remark showing what can be accomplished/exist.Why jump to conclusions ans rush to insult a person you don't know? I suggest you improve your reading comprehension skills so you can actually understand what's written on the page.

When you want to find a massive tool, look in the mirror.
Oh my

If you can’t hear below 4kHz then you are deaf to the fundamentals of most frequencies of human speech — not to mention many instruments.

Might want to take your deafness to an Audiologist.

I’m a professional in a field that works and QC to 20 Hz. We have a nose for BS. But do go on with your 4KHz...
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Oh my

If you can’t hear below 4kHz then you are deaf to the fundamentals of most frequencies of human speech — not to mention many instruments.

Might want to take your deafness to an Audiologist.

I’m a professional in a field that works and QC to 20 Hz. We have a nose for BS. But do go on with your 4KHz...
There are different ideas about what a target curve should be. For, instance, other than the Harman curve, there's the ITU industry standard frequency response target. It is flat to 2 kHz and then a straight line roll off to -2.5 dB at 20 kHz.

But none of that matters. Each person in his/her own room should target a curve that sounds right to them. What works for one setup and person won't work for another.

Again, your reading comprehension is limited. Where did I say that I can't hear below 4000hz? I have been to an audiologist and have slightly impaired hearing between 2000-4000hz. So I don't want a rolloff in those frequencies. Any problems with hearing can be corrected thru DSP and EQ - and have been - so it's irrelevant.

If you are a "professional", I feel sorry for any human clients you might have. You obviously don't know how to assimilate material presented to you, and jump to baseless conclusions due to your assumptions that have no connection to reality.

The only BS here is from you. You haven't written one relevant or fact based comment to back up your assertions. Your assumptions, fantasies and insults don't fall into the area of "fact based".

A lot of the know it alls on this site probably have impaired hearing and don't even know it. If you are over 25 you are highly likely to have impaired high end hearing. And even young people can have additional issues due to too much time exposed to loud environments. Do you know that you don't have impaired hearing?

Last edited by firedog; 8th August 2020 at 07:42 AM..
📝 Reply